Being a DJ, the most important equipment for you would be the turntable, mixer, and of course good speakers. It doesn’t matter whether you’re still taking your first steps in DJing or you’ve been in the field for a while. Having the wrong speakers can easily ruin the spirit of the party. That’s why you should invest in good DJ Speakers. In this article, I’ve gathered up some of the best DJ speakers to turn the dance floor upside down!
EDM Sauce participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
Top 5 DJ Speakers
Choosing the right speakers for you can be a simple task if you know exactly what you want. The most important thing you’d need to keep in mind while shopping is the watts.
The number of watts is determined by how big your performance is going to be. I’ll discuss it in further detail later though.
Do you travel a lot? Well, now you don’t have to worry about buying a converter. These speakers have switchable volts that allow you to use the speakers anywhere in the world.
Rockville speakers have great sound quality for the price you pay. Their 2000-watt power gives enough sound coverage for a big crowd.
The best part is that they’re Bluetooth controlled with a 20 feet radius.
- Comes with a Microphone
- It has a cooling fan
- It comes with trolly wheels
- May need extra subs for better bass
- Rockville RPG225K Pair of dual 15" Powered DJ speaker package with Microphone
- 2000 Watts Peak/ 1000 watts Program/ 500 Watts RMS. Built-in Class "AB" Amplifier with amazing sound quality. Dual 15" Long-throw woofer with 2" Ksv voice coils and 51 oz. Magnets and non-pressed paper cones. 1. 75" Compression horn drivers for clear highs. Each speaker has a trolley handle and wheels making it easy to transport them. Controls: 5 band master equalizer, master volume, input volume, MP3 volume, mic volume, master bass, master Treble
- 2 XLR and 1/4" Combo jack mic inputs with mic volume and echo controls. Xlr and 1/4" Combo jack line input. Rica input. Speaker output to connect the master Speaker to the slave speaker. Xlr output to connect a subwoofer or more speakers. Master volume, MP3 volume, master Treble, and Master bass knobs. Amplifier clipping LED indicator. Cooling fan to keep the speaker from getting hot. Built-in Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with 60 ft. range and clear streaming quality
JBL had been in the market for more than 70 years. Always working on improving their products to satisfy their wide range of customers.
These speakers have a 1000 watt peak. Their Bluetooth can easily be connected to both Apple and Android products.
You can easily control the master volume. With its 4.0 v Bluetooth control, you can easily save your preferred presents for future usage.
- It has handles for easy transportation
- It features good bass sound
- Volume can be hard to control if there’s no previous experience.
- Optimized for ideal acoustic resonance taking advantage of injection molding techniques and mechanical shaping of the enclosures
- JBL engineers examined the radiation characteristics of the EON's high and low frequency drivers at 36 different points employing JBL's exclusive, state of the art measurement techniques, then designed individual waveguides for both components
- JBL engineers developed an iOS and Android supported Bluetooth v4.0 compliant interface for controlling master volume, adjusting the 5-way, user definable parametric EQ, and saving and recalling user presets. AC power input: 100-120VAC 50/60Hz, 230-240VAC 50/60Hz.Freq. Range (-10 dB):39 Hz - 20 kHz
If you’re looking for something that has adequate bass quality, easy to transport, and has superb sound quality, then this is the one for you!
It has a 1300 watt peak. The built-in mixer makes it easy to choose between different pre-set up mixes.
It also has a power factor correction. This keeps your adapter in place, ensuring that it doesn’t fall out of place. It also accepts worldwide power adapters.
- It has good bass
- It features app control
- It has clear sound
- Hard to return
- 15″ high-output woofer/1. 4″
- 1300W of ultra-efficient Class-D power (LF-1000W, HF-300W)
- All-new amplifier design with Dynamic Bass Response technology allows for incredibly fast transient response delivering more chest-thumping low-end than ever
These budget-friendly speakers will deliver the best sound for the price. Since they’re passive speakers, you’ll need to buy additional amplifiers.
If you have a big crowd to entertain, these speakers have 3000 watts that’ll leave your audience’s hearts thumping with each beat.
- It comes with trolly wheels for easy transport
- Good bass
- May wear out with excessive usage
- Rockville SPGN258 dual 15” 3000W 2-way 8-Ohm passive DJ PA speaker/ABS cabinet
- Rockville SPGN258 dual 15" 3000W 2-way 8-Ohm passive DJ PA speaker/ABS cabinet
- 3000 Watts Peak/ 1500 watts Program/ 750 Watts RMS
Although this is a bit pricey, you’ll be getting a few things that are worth every penny you spend.
You’ll get 1 active subwoofer, 1 passive subwoofer, 8 array speakers, remote control, and adjustable speaker stands.
The 4000-watt speakers will cover an audience of around 1000 people.
- It’s Bluetooth controlled
- It has handles for easy transportation
- Strong bass sound
- It’s a bit hard to contact technical support
- ♪AKUSTIK 4000WATT POWERED ARRAY SPEAKER SET: This professional array speaker set consists of 1 X (active subwoofer), 1 X (passive subwoofer), 8 X (4’’ array speakers), 2 X(adjustable speaker stands), 1 X (16.7-feet speaker line), 6 X (14’’ speakon cables), 1 X (8-feet 6.35mm+ speakon cables), 1 X (20-feet 6.35mm+speaker cables), 1 X (remote control) and 1 X (user manual). The good performance and high price - ratio could meet the performance needs and bring the audience to an audio-visual feast.
- ♪BLUETOOTH WIRELESS AUDIO STREAMING: Considering the convenience of use, this PA system array speaker set have Bluetooth design which makes it available to instantly pair with devices like smartphones, laptops…The Bluetooth function can give you virtually limitless music options. The remote control function also makes this powered combo set easier to operate. The DJ speaker is perfect for party and holidays, when friends and family get together to celebrate.
- ♪MULTI-FUNCTIONAL POWERED PA SYSTEM SPEAKER: This 12-inch speaker combo Set has 1000W RMS power and 4000W peak power which is suitable for large performance which can accommodate nearly a thousand people. Even at maximum volume, there’s very little noise and distortion. The highs, mid, and lows are clear and distinct. This pa system speaker set is also awesome for house parties, smaller venue gigs, birthday party, reception, home theater, wedding, gymnastics and etc.
How to Pick the Right Speakers for You?
There are a couple of factors you’d need to keep into consideration when choosing the right speakers for you.
Studio Speakers vs. PA Speakers
This depends on where you’ll be playing your music. If you’re looking for something for a small-sized room, studio speakers are the way to go. They’re designed to play music at a normal volume and a small place.
PA speakers are made for bigger crowds. They’ll go on for hours at the highest volume possible and cover up a ton of space with its sound.
Passive Speakers vs. Active Speakers
Over the years there has been a debate over which one is better when it comes to sound.
Active speakers have their own control unit, which means they don’t require any additional equipment. Active speakers automatically split the incoming audio to different frequencies, those frequencies are sent to the right part of the speaker.
They’re also easy to set up and put away.
Passive speakers, on the other hand, rely on amplifiers. Those are mainly used by professional DJ’s since they’re harder to operate. Passive speakers also give the user better control over the equalizer.
You should note though that those speakers are determined by the amplifier connected to them. So you’d need to invest in a good amp for the best quality.
Power rating is the number of watts or power of the internal amplifier. To keep it simple, the higher the watts you get, the louder your speakers are going to be. To decide between the watts, you need to be able to know how many people you’re going to play for and how big is the space you’re performing in.
To simplify it even more, if you’ll be performing for a small party 50-100 you’d need amps that are between 500-1000 watts. This way your music will reach all the attendees.
Those aren’t always required during gigs. You’ll need them if you’re looking to add more bass or kickdrum effects to your mixes.
When buying subwoofers you need to be sure that they complement your speakers and fit perfectly with them. Sometimes getting unsuitable subwoofers may cause distortions in the sound.
Best DJ Speakers Conclusion
With all the speakers mentioned above, I believe that the best one is the JBL self-powered sound reinforcement. JBL is a known company that promises great results.
If you’re looking for something that’s more budget-friendly though, then I’d go with Rockville Dual 15″ Speakers. They have great bass sound and they’re passive, which will give you better sound control.
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best USB C Headphones
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200