If you’re here, it means you already know that as a musician you need a decent Laptop Stand. It is not a matter to take lightly unless you are willing to risk fumbling with your laptop right in front of your audience. In the coming sections, we’ll tell you all you need to know about the best laptop stand for musicians.
The Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
Here are some stands that have the whole package; they are versatile, safe for your devices, affordable and come highly recommended!
- LAPTOP WORKSTATION: The tall laptop desk works well as a portable laptop or a notebook desk workstation for laptops, projectors, sound equipment
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The computer stand for djs was designed for rugged and hard-wearing metal construction. The stand is heavy-duty enough for studio and stage use and the travel between
- ADJUSTABLE LAPTOP STAND: The heavy duty tripod stand features quick and convenient height adjustments, as well as quick and easy setup
- GREAT FOR TRAVEL: The adjustable projection stand is lightweight, portable and reliable, great for traveling from home to gig to studio. It also rolls and folds completely for easy transportation
- VERSATILE USE: The DJ laptop stand can be used by musicians, DJs, performers, and engineers. The stand is perfect for on stage or in a studio
Pyle’s stand is easy to adjust, which means it won't mess with your performance while you are on stage. Pyle's music-friendly Laptop stand is user-friendly and is easy to transport between gigs.
You are going to need straps if you use steep angles. It also has a minimum height, so you need to make sure you’ve got your measures right.
- It’s affordable
- Adjustable angle
- It’s really lightweight
- It’s not a hassle to transport
- Laptops may overhead due to the lack of proper ventilation as reported by a few users
- You will need to assemble it
- Heavy-duty steel construction for both professionals and home users. Weighs ~ 11 pounds!
- Holds most laptops/notebooks and other DJ audio equipment.
- Plate measures 15.5 by 11.5 inch with raised support lip on front and back. The plate has open sides to allow placement of wide equipment.
- Height can be adjusted between 33 and 53 inch. Safety metal pin allows placement of heavy equipment.
- Don't miss!! Full description, images and specifications down the page. Hola! Music guarantees quality and affordability. Hola! - Say Hello to Music!
Your device’s safety is the priority of this Hola! laptop stand. It is made of steel and has a safety pin that can withstand even the heaviest of laptops.
It is also reinforced with non-slip feet, to prevent any accidents. In addition to the height adjustment, but you can also rotate it, which is super convenient on stage.
- It’s heavy-duty
- Your device is well-protected
- Height adjustment
- Safety pin
- It can rotate 360 degrees
- It is heavy-duty, stress on the heavy!
- The tray’s size might be restrictive to some people
- Has a minimum height of 33”
- It's more expensive than other models
- Laptops have been known to overheat
- Lightweight laptop stand with steel-construction and sleek black finish
- 15” x 11” silicon surface holds laptop securely in place
- Tilt control on laptop surface for optimal viewing
- Adjustable up to 4. 5' in height
- Locking latches and a pin lock for increased support
Samson’s LTS50 provides you with 4.5′ of adjustable height, so you are guaranteed to find the perfect level. The best part? The tray has a silicone surface that prevents your laptop from sliding off.
- Adjustable tray
- Easy to fold
- Tray might be too small
- Minimum height
- Not a lot of ventilation
- ★ Three tier multi-purpose stand for laptops, DJ controllers, lighting controllers, small mixers and more.
- ★ Heavy-duty construction of machined aircraft grade aluminum.
- ★ Additional adjustable shelf for audio interface, or other electronics.
- ★ Durable black powder coat finish.
- ★ Includes AxcessAbles carry bag to protect the finish when not in use.
You might want to also consider AxcessAbles’ on-table stand. It has locks, providing stability for your laptop. It also has a middle shelf attachment that might come in handy when on stage; you could use it for your equipment. Did I mention it doesn’t eat up your table’s space?
- Made with aluminum which means it's strong
- Knobs securing device
- Adjustable angle
- Easy to fold
- Little storage space
- Prevents overheating
- Height isn’t adjustable
- Does not rotate
- FOUR PRONG TRAY: This is a reliable laptop stand due to its secure four prong tray that holds the device. It can be used with iPad or tablet, laptops, DJ mixer, turntables, and more. Perfect for home, gaming, school or business use
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The standing table has a telescoping height adjustment to accommodate all needs. The adjustable height length is 12.6'' - 16.7'' inch. The tray’s angle can also be rotated for comfort and convenience
- ANTI-SLIP FOLDABLE DESIGN: Made with anti-slip legs and no loose parts to avoid accidental slides or falls. The ergonomic standing design has a foldable dimension of 10.6 x 12.6 x 1 inch and 10.6 x 9.4 x 12.6- 15.7 inch unfolded dimension
- DISASSEMBLES FOR PORTABILITY: The unit comes assembled and ready to use but it could also be disassembled easily. It is portable, lightweight, sturdy and flat foldable. It is best used when traveling or in other shorter monitor eye-level situations
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with heavy duty durable materials for unmatched quality. It also has an engineered laptop shelf with the exact dimensions of 8.6'' x 9'' inch
Another Pyle stand that is a great option is the Pyle Portable folding laptop on-table option. Its tray allows ventilation, which will prevent your laptop from overheating. You do not need to worry about being always on the move because it’s built strong enough to withstand frequent use.
- Easy to fold
- Adjustable height
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Device is secured
- Locks to secure stand
- Non-slide footers
- Moderately priced
- It’s heavy for its size
How Do You Decide Which Laptop Stand Is Right For You?
Even though these products are some of the best, they all have their downsides. You need to consider all the factors before deciding on a stand.
Tripod vs. On-Table Laptop Stands
The first step is to determine whether you need a tripod stand or if an on-table one would suffice.
This depends on your environment; for example, a DJ will most likely use the on-table stand, while a keyboard player might prefer the tripod.
If you’d rather have a tripod, Hola! Music’s multi-purpose tripod stand could be the better choice since it enables you to rotate it 360 degrees. If you prefer an on-table stand, Pyle’s portable standis adjustable, safe, prevents overheating and moderately-priced.
As a musician, you need to be at total ease with your equipment. The most adjustable tripod stand is Hola! Music’s multi-purpose stand. It gives you almost full control over it and you can set it up to your comfort.
The most adjustable on-table stand is Pyle’s portable stand since you can adjust its height, tray angle, and rotation.
Sturdiness vs Versatility
This is based on the kind of equipment you’re using; is your laptop lightweight or heavy? Is the stand likely to be bumped and could be at risk of bending or not?
The sturdier tripod stand is Hola! Music’s multi-purpose stand. Its steel design is for heavier equipment and provides stability. The sturdier on-table stand is AxcessAbles’ Portable Folding Laptop Stand.
When it comes to versatility, Samson’s tripod stand is easy to fold, transport and store. Pyle’s portable stand is the more versatile of the on-table options. You can fold it easily, without having to disassemble it.
Laptop Stand Price
AxcessAbles’ Portable Folding Laptop Stand is the cheaper option when it comes to on-table stands. It is quite budget-friendly.
Best Laptop Stand Brands
Founded in the 1960s, Pyle USA takes pride in its durable yet affordable products. What started out as a car audio company expanded to home audio eventually becoming one of the top audio equipment companies globally.
Hola! Music was created by a family in 2011. The company manufactures musical instruments and accessories. It offers great quality at affordable prices.
Samson Technologies is originally a Microphone company that started in 1980. It is the Pioneer of wireless microphone systems and has expanded over the years in audio technology. The company that was once run by two people is now an international enterprise.
AxcessAbles’ emergence as a company was due to the company’s wish to make sturdy, within-budget musical equipment. Its target clients are uprising musicians, and its customers are the company’s sole priority.
How Do I Choose a Laptop Stand?
It depends on your needs, equipment, environment, and budget. Each person’s needs are different.
Do I Need an Adjustable Laptop Stand?
Yes; as a musician, you are going to need to have something that makes you comfortable enough to enable you to perform as best as you could.
Why Do I Need to Buy a Laptop Stand?
As a musician, you need to use your laptop frequently. Rather than turn your back on your audience, having a laptop on a stand next to you is much more professional and convenient!
Are Tripod Stands Better Than On-Table Ones?
It depends on your set-up. If you’d rather your laptop be a separate entity, which is preferable, or if you play instruments such as the keyboard or guitar then a tripod is your ultimate choice. However, for DJs, an on-table is better. It is closer to them, yet within reach and at eye-level.
What if I Don’t Buy a Stand?
You might end up breaking your computer mid-performance. Having it in its own secure location is better and safer.
What It All Comes Down to
Hola! Music’s multi-purpose tripod stand is our top pick when it comes to tripods. Its 360 degrees rotation makes it better than its competitors.
If it is out of budget, then Samson’s tripod stand is the second-best option.
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best USB C Headphones
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200