Technology is making our lives easier by the day. Just a few years ago, when we wanted to listen to music while cycling, we had to put up with bulky wired headphones. Now, we’re blessed with a wide array of Bluetooth speakers for bicycles to choose from.
We know how enjoyable and exhilarating cycling can be when you’re listening to your favorite music uninterrupted, so we rounded up the best Bluetooth speakers for bicycles on the market.
We also included a brief buying guide that’ll help you determine what features to look for when in the market for a Bluetooth speaker for your bike.
Best Bluetooth Speakers for Bicycles and Biking
Bluetooth speakers for bicycles are portable devices that you attach to your handlebar. They’re designed to provide a fun and exciting riding experience.
Read on for the best Bluetooth speakers for bicycles on the market today.
1. Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker: Best Overall
The Bose SoundLink Micro flaunts a durable build and a powerful battery. On a full charge, it offers up to six hours of non-stop audio playing. When it comes to its audio capabilities, this speaker offers a balanced sound and a booming bass. You can attach it to your backpack or handlebars using the sturdy strap on the back. Another great feature is that it doubles as a speakerphone. As long as it’s connected to your phone, you can use its built-in mic for hands-free calls. We like its IPX7 waterproof rating, which boosts the speaker’s functionality. Plus, its Bluetooth connectivity can reach up to 30 feet. The one drawback is that you have to download the Bose Connect app for the Bluetooth to work. It’s not the quickest way to connect, but that’s how Bose plays the game.
- Balanced sound quality
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Built-in mic
- Powerful battery
- You have to download the app for Bluetooth to work
- Crisp, balanced sound and unmatched bass for a bluetooth speaker its size, plays loud and clear outdoors for beach days or camping trips
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Waterproof Speaker From the Inside Out (Ipx7 Rating), With Soft, Rugged Exterior, Resists Dents, Cracks and Scratches
2. Onforu Bluetooth Speaker: Runner-Up
The Onforu Bluetooth speaker features a versatile, portable design. It’s small enough to fit almost anywhere. Yet, it still offers clear audio that can reach over 30 feet of Bluetooth connectivity. It comes with a handlebar mount, as well as a carabiner clip. So, you can easily attach it to your backpack or bicycle. We also like its long playback time of up to 10 hours. Just make sure it’s fully charged, and you’re good to go. Another handy feature is its IP65 waterproof rating. So, you don’t have to worry if it happens to drizzle or you splash through a puddle.
- 10 hours of non-stop playing
- IP65 waterproof rating
- Comes with a handlebar mount and a clip
- Durable design
- Doesn’t have a built-in mic
- Optimized for ideal acoustic resonance taking advantage of injection molding techniques and mechanical shaping of the enclosures
- JBL engineers examined the radiation characteristics of the EON's high and low frequency drivers at 36 different points employing JBL's exclusive, state of the art measurement techniques, then designed individual waveguides for both components
- JBL engineers developed an iOS and Android supported Bluetooth v4.0 compliant interface for controlling master volume, adjusting the 5-way, user definable parametric EQ, and saving and recalling user presets. AC power input: 100-120VAC 50/60Hz, 230-240VAC 50/60Hz.Freq. Range (-10 dB):39 Hz - 20 kHz
3. BassPal Bluetooth Speaker: Best Waterproof
The BassPal Bluetooth speaker for bicycles features a colorful design. It boasts a functional LED display with a user-friendly layout. This speaker’s IPX7 waterproof rating is one of the most reliable on the market. It also has a powerful battery capacity with eight hours of non-stop listening. If you’re looking for a Bluetooth speaker that doubles as a speaker, this is one of the best. Its built-in mic means taking calls is no longer an issue. Another impressive feature is its Bluetooth connectivity range of 66 feet. Plus, it comes with a built-in FM radio for added convenience.
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Built-in FM radio
- Built-in mic
- Up to 66 feet of connectivity range
- The instruction manual is difficult to understand
- Multifunctional LED display: The portable Bluetooth speaker LED digital screen display allows you check the time and battery in Bluetooth mode. In FM radio mode, you can choose to listen to the station you like and adjust the volume as needed, bring you a more convenient and comfortable life.
- Beat-driven light show: Watching a halo of LED phase, pulse and shine with the rhythm of your music for a completely immersive vivid audiovisual experience. The Bluetooth party speaker boasts seven romantic colors and you can lock one color or let it scroll away to elevate the atmosphere of any event, especially beautiful at night.
- IPX7 fully waterproof: IPX7 waterproof technology offers impermeable protection, even can be submersed in 3 feet of water up to 30 minutes, the removable suction cup design makes Bluetooth shower speaker can floating on the water or stick to your bathroom wall, mirror, pool deck, kitchen counter or whatever slick surface.
4. Bugani M99 Bluetooth Speaker: Best Value
We chose the Bugani M99 not just because of its great price, but because of its deep and powerful bass sound. Add its impressive 100-foot Bluetooth connectivity range, and you have a fan-favorite on your hands. We especially like this speakers’ advanced digital audio processor. Combined with the dual subwoofers and dual drivers, they provide superior sound quality. Another feature that caught our eye is its built-in mic for easy hands-free calling. Also, it’s water-resistant, which means it can handle light rain, but no more. While the Bugani M99 comes with a bike mount, it’s not as sturdy as other models. One reason could be the speaker’s large size. While this large size boosts the sound, it makes it susceptible to the jolts of off-road trails.
- Great value for the price
- 100-feet Bluetooth connectivity range
- Built-in mic
- Hi-fi sound quality
- Bike mount doesn’t handle rough terrains well
- Bluetooth Speaker-BUGANI use advanced digital audio processor, double precision stereo driver and bass radiator, 8w+8w strong magnetic Speaker,Bluetooth Speaker Adopting a new dual driver strong magnetic double horn，making the volume very high and the bass effect is great,with crystal clear sound and strongbass without distortion even at highest volume
- Speaker-Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 uses advanced antenna design to provide a wider range and faster Bluetooth connection, making the call clearer. After connecting Bluetooth once, you can automatically connect your Bluetooth devices next time , Non-Bluetooth devices can be connected via a 3.5mm cable.
- Portable Bluetooth speaker: The unique design of the Bluetooth speaker makes it easier to carry. The built-in microphone is very convenient to listen to the phone. It is more suitable for indoor, yoga, reading, office, housework.
5. Celtic Blu Bluetooth Speaker: Best Battery Life
The Celtic Blu speaker is well-built and can easily handle all types of trails and rough terrains. Its Bluetooth range reaches up to 100 feet and allows for quick, no-fuss connectivity. An amazing feature is this speaker’s long playback time, which can last up to 30 hours on a single charge. Thanks to its powerful battery, you can use it as a power bank. Another feature we like about the Celtic Blu is its built-in FM radio. It also has a built-in mic for hands-free calling. In addition, it’s waterproof and shockproof. So, you’re sure to enjoy your bike ride without any worries or hassle. There’s a handlebar mount and carabiner clip for added convenience. This speaker comes with a remote controller. Yet, we found it can sometimes be finicky and unreliable.
- Long battery life
- High-quality sound
- Rugged, durable design
- Built-in power bank
- The remote controller isn’t reliable
- ★ 16W POWER 360 SURROUND SOUND. Celtic Blu’s feature-rich designs can add Music to the Beat of Your Lifestyle. BAS Technology generates a louder penetrating sound. Produces a "room filling audio" projection. ★ BOTTLE SHAPE 1.3 POUNDS - Cup Holder Size
- ★ LONG LASTING BATTERY – up to 30 Hours playtime. ★ BLUETOOTH CONNECTION – up to 100 feet (30.48 m). ★FM RADIO with a built-in antenna ★TF SLOT for MicroSD Card – stores up to 8,000 songs.
- ★ POWER BANK – charges your other devices. ★ AUX 3.5 mm audio jack cable – provides multiple modes of audio media. ★ WATERPROOF IPX4. Resistance test - involves splashing for at least five minutes in all directions. ★ Comes with CARABINER D-CLIP.
6. BOHM Impact Plus Bluetooth Speaker: Best for Dual Pairing
The BOHM Impact Plus Bluetooth speaker offers reliable dual pairing. In other words, you can connect your smartphone and your laptop at the same time. It’s a handy feature that adds functionality to the speaker. Another feature we like is the powerful, clear speakerphone on the BOHM Impact. It makes taking calls as you’re riding easy and efficient. The powerful battery on this speaker offers up to 12 hours of non-stop music playing. Not only that, but it can work as a power bank to charge other devices. The Bluetooth connectivity can reach up to 100 feet. The best part is that even at 100 feet, you won’t notice any lagging or loss of sound quality. This portable speaker boasts two different ways of installation. There’s a durable handle on the back. You can also use the straps to attach the speaker to your backpack or bike handlebars.
- Reliable dual pairing capability
- IPX4 waterproof rating
- 100-feet connectivity range
- Can be used as a power bank
- Lacks bass capabilities
7. Clearon Bluetooth Speaker: Best Multi-Function
The Clearon name is synonymous with outdoor fun, and this speaker is no exception. Its durable build means it can handle the shocks of rough terrains with ease and reliability. It’s IPX4 waterproof and dustproof, which makes it ideal for long-lasting outdoor use. We like its various options and features. For starters, it comes with a built-in mic for hassle-free hands-free calling. What’s more exciting is that you can use the speaker’s iFree controller as a bike horn. Pretty cool, right? Then, there’s the built-in antenna, which allows you to use the FM radio. It also comes with a remote controller for easy handling of all the functionalities. If you appreciate high-performance bass, this speaker won’t disappoint. Another feature that makes it stand out is its crisp sound quality. The battery is quite impressive and offers over 12 hours of endless playing time on a single charge. Plus, it boasts an impressive 100 feet of Bluetooth connectivity.
- Powerful battery
- Crisp sound and deep bass
- 100-foot connectivity range
- The handlebar mount isn’t as sturdy as other models
- HIGH-QUALITY SOUND – 8W powered (4x2) 360° degree surround sound, extremely loud and clear high quality sound with plenty of bass from a compact lightweight speaker.
- VERSATILE – Mount to a bike, boat, backpack, or folding chair! Comes with all accessories and tools needed; a backpack hook loop and bicycle mounting kit.
- SUPER DURABLE – Water-resistant (IPX4), shock-proof, dust-proof, and stain-proof design. Excellent build quality to survive extreme conditions. Perfect for hiking, cycling, fishing, beach trips, and relaxing by the pool.
8. Avantree Bluetooth Speaker: Best Sound Quality
This Avantree speaker can easily handle all types of terrains and weather conditions. It’s IPX4 water-resistant and features a rubber exterior to protect it against shocks and jolts as you’re riding. We like the dual speakers on the Avantree. They work together to provide crisp, balanced surround sound capabilities. They also offer powerful bass you won’t find on many speakers. The battery on this speaker offers up to 6 hours of non-stop playing. Moreover, the operational range can reach over 30 feet. Another terrific feature is it comes with a sturdy bike mount. All you have to do is wrap the belt around the handlebar, then snap the hooks in place. Besides, there’s a clip if you’d like to attach it to your backpack.
- High-definition sound quality and rich bass
- Durable build
- Shockproof and water-resistant
- Sturdy bike mount
- Lacks FM radio
- [IDEAL FOR ACTIVE LIFESTYLES] Cycle, hike, or even sail to your own beat with the Cyclone, which features an IPX4 splash-proof design and a shock-proof rubber exterior, as well as an included bike mount, belt, and hook to ensure secure attachment.
- [POWERFUL SOUND] Experience bold sounds and rich bass even against noisy backgrounds with the Cyclone’s dual 5W speakers and passive bass radiator.
- [THREE PLAYING MODES] Enjoy your favorite music in the way that suits you best with versatile playing options – via Bluetooth, Micro SD / TF card, or AUX.
9. ZEALOT Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker: Best Connectivity
The Zealot Outdoor speaker has several fun features. The first one that caught our eyes is its top-notch, reliable connectivity. Thanks to its advanced Bluetooth CSR and powerful battery, this speaker is one of the best on the market. On a single charge, the Zealot can last for more than 24 hours. You can also use it as a power bank to charge your other devices. Another feature is its high-quality sound performance. You’ll enjoy a clear, crisp sound, as well as a rich bass and FM radio for optimal enjoyment. This speaker is engineered for long-lasting fun. It's sturdy, waterproof, and shockproof for the ultimate outdoor experience. While that may be great, there’s one feature on the Zealot speaker you won’t find with other models. With just one touch of a button, you can use your speaker as a flashlight available in three light modes. Having this feature makes your biking adventure safe both day and night.
- Advanced Bluetooth CSR
- Clear surround sound quality
- 3-mode flashlight
- Sturdy design
- The bike mounting bracket could be sturdier
- BEST BICYCLE SPEAKER: Mounting S1 on your bike’s handle-bar, keeping Bluetooth connected, music playback and hands free phone call is all along the way with you; Pressing the power button, S1 turns to a torch light(3 SOS light modes) to enlighten your way; Supporting TF card music playback, S1 never let you feel lonely on the go; What’s more, S1 can be used as a external battery/power bank, it’s a super Transformers and couldn’t be a better companion on your bicycle.
- STUNNING & STRONG SOUND:Built-in 40mm drivver, Neodymium stereo amplifier presents you live experience in talking on phone and surprising fullness, excellent sound resolvement gives S1 gorgeous timbre way above average.
- EXTEND PLAYTIME: 4000mah rechargeable battery provides a long time usage (up to 24 hours by TF card play) and turns it into a backup power supply as well, perfect portable wireless speakers for biking, travel, cycling and other outdoor activities.
10. JBL Wind Bluetooth Speaker: Best Compatibility
The JBL Wind is one of the easiest and most efficient speakers when it comes to compatibility. It can connect with all your Bluetooth devices within a range of 30 feet without any fuss or lagging. We like its powerful battery capacity that allows you to enjoy up to 10 hours of playback. It also features an FM radio for added functionality. Another of its user-friendly features is its built-in mic. This makes it easy to make and receive calls without having to stop your ride. It has an IP45 water-resistance rating. It means no more worrying about your speaker getting ruined because of a drizzle. In addition, the JBL Wind comes with a carabiner clip and a bar mount for your bike. They’re both easy to use and offer durability while you’re enjoying your outdoor activities.
- High compatibility feature
- IP45 water-resistant
- Sturdy design
- Sturdy bike mount bracket
- Sound tends to become distorted when the volume is at its highest
- Wireless and To-Go Easy connection with your electronic devices wirelessly and use it portably. The wireless working range is around 8-10 meters (30 feet), no cords and no hassle.
- Hand free calling on-the-go With a built-in microphone, the unit takes on your calls just free and easy.
- 2-in-1 design for use in bicycle and backpack
What to Look for in a Bluetooth Speaker for Bicycles
Studies show that listening to music while doing any activity makes it more exciting. It also boosts athletic performance and increases endurance. Take a look at some of the features you need to look for when buying a Bluetooth speaker for your bike.
It’s a given that portable speakers are Bluetooth-enabled. Yet, having a USB port, an SD/TF card, and an auxiliary cable boosts your speaker’s convenience and ease of use.
A good speaker should come with various mounting options. Some examples include straps, mounting brackets, and belts.
One of the most important features of a Bluetooth bike speaker is its battery life. Look for speakers with an average of 10 to 15 hours of battery life.
Portable speakers are designed for outdoor use. This means there’ll always be a chance of bumps, dust, rain, and moisture. A good speaker needs to be shockproof, stain-proof, dustproof, and waterproof.
Not all speakers have built-in FM radios. Yet, those that do stand out from the competition. With this feature, you can tune in to your favorite station at any time and place.
Installing the best Bluetooth speaker for bicycles means no more boring cycling routes. It means you can enjoy riding your bike and listening to your favorite tracks at the same time.
Whether riding in the city or backwoods trails, you’re sure to find what you’re looking for on our list. While we love each of our 10 choices, our top pick has to be the Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker.
It’s durable, waterproof, and offers a wide range of options. Plus, its built-in mic makes it easy to make and receive calls while on the go.
If you’re looking for something a bit more affordable, go with the Onforu Bluetooth Speaker. This portable speaker is compact and small in size. Yet, it still offers a crisp and clear sound that’s sure to impress.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.
- Best Kids Bed With Slide
- Quietest Pedestal Fans
- Best Portable WiFi Options
- Best Water Speakers
- Best Fidget Ring For Anxiety, Attention & Fun
- Best Rock Speakers
- Best Puck Lights
- Best Camera Lens Cleaning Kit