Are you ready to take your musical career to the next level and create a music video? Are you curious to learn what the professionals use to record music videos? Then you’re in luck. This list compiles the best camera for Music Videos. Below you will find the top cameras that are perfect to create a high-quality music video.
The Best Camera for a Music Video Factors
When you are ready to buy a Camera for a music video, you’ll want to consider the following situations.
Do you plan to use it for only videos or pictures as well?
There are many cameras on the market today that act as a hybrid camera that has the capability to shoot pictures as well as videos. This is an important decision that may alter your overall decision.
What’s your budget?
While some of you may be looking for the video camera that Universal Studios use, there are many cost restrictions on what you may be able to afford. Be sure to do your research in this article and not spend more than you are comfortable with.
Who will be using the camera?
Do you plan to use a friend that is knowledgeable at operating a camera, or do you plan to use your buddy and have them figure it out along the way? Each of these scenarios are important factors to decide which route to go on deciding your camera.
Best Cameras for Music Videos
1. Canon EOS C200B
2. JVC GY-HM620U ProHD
- Newly designed 1/3-Inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- 23x Fujinon auto focus zoom Lens with manual functions
- Built-in top handle unit incorporates a 3.5-Inch Color LCD display and two 3-pin XLR inputs
3. Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4.6K Digital Cinema Camera
- Super-35mm CMOS Sensor
- 4000 x 2160 Video up to 60p
- Compressed & Uncompressed Raw Recording
Also Read: Best HDMI To DisplayPort
4. Canon EOS 80D DSLR
5. Canon XC10 4k Professional Camera
6. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital SLR
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or live view shooting; LCD monitor has a full touchscreen interface, including selection of AF area.
7. Canon EOS C100 Mark II
- 4K UHD Wide-Angle 10x Zoom Lens with Image Stabilizer.
- 12 Megapixel One-inch 4K UHD-compatible CMOS Image Sensor.
- Compact and Ergonomic Design.
8. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Full-Size 4/3 Sensor/ 4096X2160 Resolution
- 4K Dki Video Recording At 60 Fps / 13 Stop Dynamic Range
- Carbon Fiber Composite Build / Black Magic Operating System
9. Panasonic HC-X1
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer (4K/UHD/FHD) and 5 Axis Hybrid O.I.S. (FHD)
- Supports 4K, UHD, FHD; 60p/50p/25p/24p
- High performance LEICA DICOMAR 4K Lens 24mm f2.8 F4.5 with optical 20X zoom (24 480mm).
10. Sony PXW-FS5
11. Panasonic Lumix GH5s
- Bundle Includes: Panasonic LUMIX GH5 4K Mirrorless Camera with Leica DG 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 Lens, Sony 64GB SD Card, Battery and Dual Charger Pack, DSLR Shoulder Gadget Bag, and Lightweight On-Camera Microphone
- 20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor: This Lumix GH5 is equipped with a powerful Digital Live MOS sensor, capable of rendering high quality 20.3MP images. Together with the removal of the low-pass filter from the sensor, you can confidently capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artefact free. Since there’s no filter to block low-frequency light waves, every image you capture will possess vivid colors and an incredible level of detail from edge to edge
- Venus Engine Processor: The Combination of an advanced Digital Live MOS sensor and the Venus Engine 10 produces extraordinary color detail and natural texture expression. The Intelligent Detail Processing renders intense brightness and contrast. The three-dimensional color control zings with rich colors from dark to bright shades and high-precision Multi Process NR makes your images pop even at high ISO sensitivity settings
12. Canon EOS M10 Mirrorless Camera Kit
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari angle touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting, and reviewing your photos
13. GoPro Hero5 Black
- Stunning 4k video and 12MP photos in single, burst and time lapse modes charger not included
- Durable by design, Hero5 black is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meter) without a housing
- Additional GoPro Hero5 black features + benefits below on item page time lapse photo intervals: 05, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
- Best Outdoor Blanket Options
- Best Four Wheeler Speakers
- Best Golf Cart Speakers
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best USB C Headphones
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200