Are you in the market for a home speaker, virtual assistant, or just a smart speaker? With so many choices such as the Google Home, Amazon Echo, and the Apple HomePod, the choices a quite daunting for the average consumer. While speakers were originally meant to just play your music, smart speakers has transformed the industry to do much more.
While Apple's HomePod's are one of the best sounding speakers of the group, we'll get into what makes each home speaker so great and what are some of the cons.
Here we'll be talking about the Google Home vs. Amazon Echo vs. Apple HomePod in this article.
Back on November 6, 2014, Amazon released the flagship product, the Amazon Echo. With the help of its Alexa speech app, Amazon transformed the future with a personal assistant along with a speaker for the home.
What Is Amazon Echo?
The Amazon Echo is a brand of smart speaker developed by Amazon.com. The device connects to its intelligent personal assistant service Alexa which often responds to the name “Alexa.” Amazon's Echo is capable of music playback, making to-do lists, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, audiobooks, and voice interaction.
- Meet Echo - Echo (3rd Gen) has new premium speakers powered by Dolby to play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response.
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Pair with a second Echo (3rd Gen) or Echo Plus (2nd Gen) for stereo sound and add more bass with an Echo Sub.
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With multi-room music, play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Keep your family in sync - Use your Alexa devices like an intercom and talk to any room in the house with Drop In and Announcements.
The Google Home is a brand of smart speakers developed by Google. While the first device was released in November 2016, Google was a bit slow to Amazon's initial release, but has since become a true contender as one of the best smart speakers on the market today.
The Apple HomePod is the latest edition to the smart speakers. Released on February 9, 2018, Apple is quickly pushing out the HomePod with the help of its beautiful design, which also integrates its personal assistant service, Siri.
Google Home vs. Amazon Echo vs. Apple HomePod
In terms of intelligence, the Amazon Echo and Google Home are both among the top of its class. The Apple HomePod has been able to answer half of the commands as its competitors, the Echo and Home.
For compatibility, Amazon Echo is compatible with Android and iOs, and can communicate the most with most smart home devices today.
The Best Smart Speaker Comparison
|Amazon Echo||Google Home||Apple HomePod|
|Voice Service||Amazon Alexa||Google Assitant||Apple Siri|
Despite Apple HomePod having one of the best speakers in the market, the true winner for the best smart speaker is none other than the Amazon Echo. With one of the lowest prices and development through the years, it'll take some more work by both the Google Home and Apple HomePod to overtake Amazon's Echo, especially with its low-entry price points.
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under 0
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under 0
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Bluetooth Speaker For Bicycles
- Best Wakeboard Tower Speakers
- The 7 Best NFT Displays For Digital Artworks
- Best Marine Speakers
- The Best Subwoofer For Cars
- Best UTV Sound System