Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner DJ, a DJ controller is an important part of your overall kit. It’s detrimental to music mixing, as it allows you hands-on control when it comes to software. In this article, we'll be talking about the best DJ controller under 500 dollars.
This is why we brought you today some of our favorite picks in the market. With this list, you’ll hopefully find your best DJ Controller under 0.
Our Top Five Favorite DJ Controllers Under 500 Dollars
To help you in your quest to find the best DJ controller, we’ve bought you a range of selections to consider. They all have different key features that will undoubtedly cater to at least some of your needs.
- Intuitive layout, all of the features were designed to be where you need them, when you need them
- Add scratch effects to cued and currently playing songs without a turntable thanks to Pad Scratch
- Mixing is Seamless with the FX Fade feature .5 inch durable aluminium jog wheel. Weight-4.6 pounds
- Constructed from premium materials and the audio circuitry
- Large, low-latency jog wheels to give you a great scratch response and accuracy
This two-channel DJ controller may be the most expensive on our last, but it’s well worth the price. The Pioneer DJ DJ controller offers a professional-level learning experience to beginners. If you’re looking to DJ and willing to make a big investment, this is it.
Transitioning between tracks won’t be a problem with this DJ controller. The Pioneer DJ DJ controller offers an FX Fade feature that allows smooth fade transitions between tracks. You mixing couldn’t be smoother.
The layout is simple as it gets. It has all your jog wheels and cue buttons in place without being too complicated. While it might seem puzzling, that confusion is only a first impression. All your knobs and fader positions are arranged to allow maximum practicality.
The Pioneer DJ DJ controller is a great investment for the long-term. It’s made of premium materials with a sturdy, durable build. This ensures a faithful long-lasting performance that won’t suffer from a drop of quality.
- Robust and durable
- Not suitable for tighter budgets
- Let’s Get This Party Started Portable 2 channel DJ Controller for Serato DJ Lite (Included) compatible with Mac and PC
- Connectivity covered: On board audio interface with 1/8 inch headphone output and 1/8 inch main output for connection to DJ mixers, DJ Speakers and PA systems
- Mix control: 2 decks outfitted with a crossfader and jog wheels access to critical, must have tools for seamless mixing are right at your fingertips
- Enhance your performance: 4 pad modes for total control of cue points, auto/manual looping and sample playback to add some flair to your DJ performance
- Note: There is a card in the box that explains where to locate the digital version of the software to download.
Small and portable, this Numark DJ controller is ideal for beginners and hobbyists who still remain unsure about DJing.
Moreover, it’s a perfect fit for those who like to take up DJing at parties. It features LED light arrays that auto-sync to the audio. They beam out in dazzling neon shades from the back of the controlling, coloring in your electrifying performance.
With two jog wheels, a crossfader, four performance pads, and cue buttons, you won’t have to hold back on DJing at your next party.
- Features LED lights
- Ideal for parties
- The software can be difficult to work with
- Learn the Basics of Djing With the Controller'S Exclusive Features: Tempo and Beat Align Guides That Light Up, In Addition to The Assistant and Energy Functions
- Comprehensive Djing Software Included: Discover the Basics of Djing With Interactive Help and Integrated Tutorial Videos
- Choose Your Tracks Easily with The Intelligent Music Assistant, and Its Suggestions of today’s Hottest Tracks
- Learn the Right Moves Thanks to The Layout of the Buttons and Sliders, Like Those Found on A Professional Controller
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 / macOS 10.11 & higher
Do you have a problem with setups? The Hercules DJ controller features light guides that help you quicken your learning process. Once you’ve mastered this controller, you can deactivate it.
You’ve also got the Beat arrows to adjust the BPM of your every track. It accompanies Beat Align arrows that help you synchronize your tracks to form a seamless mix.
Besides including the Intelligent Music Assistant and interactive help, the Hercules DJ controller features eight pads and eight modes that include FX, roll, sampler, and hot cue. You also won't have to worry about any scratching with its touch-detection jog wheels.
- Features the Intelligent Music Assistant
- Comes with its own software
- Features built-in tutorial videos
- Doesn’t work with Apple Music
- Next Generation Feature Packed Controller : Ultra Portable two deck DJ Controller for Serato DJ Intro (Included) for Mac and PC with high resolution 5 inch metal jog wheels
- Connectivity Covered : On board pro grade class compliant audio interface with 2 headphone outputs and main output for seamless connection to mixers & PA systems
- Mix Control : Two physical decks outfitted with a crossfader, dedicated browsing controls, individual filter controls, touch capacitive jog wheels and independent transport controls access to critical, must have tools for seamless blending are right at your fingertips
- Enhance Your Performance : 16 multi function back lit pads with multiple pad modes for total control of cue points, auto / manual looping and sample playback to add some flair to your performance, plus 100 millimeter pitch controls and a multi function touch strip for dynamic FX control and strip search
- Spice Up Your Performance : Jump start your inspiration with 6 sample packs from Prime Loops including over 380 premium instrumental loops, drum kits, one shots, and more. A $200 value
This is another two-channel DJ controller from Numark, an innovative DJ Equipment company. Again, it has provided you with a perfectly accessible DJ controller that’s well worth its price.
The Mixtrack Pro 3 arrives with all the fundamental connectivity features for Headphones, microphones, and operating systems.
It also includes all the setup essentials like jog wheels, a multi-function strip, and gain and filter controls for each channel. All of this produces high-quality audio output.
The Mixtrack Pro 3 puts functionality above all else. Its setup is simple and user-friendly, with a class-compliant on-board audio interface. It also has two designated headphone outputs to secure smooth handoffs between sets.
Since control remains at the core of music mixing, Numark made sure to equip the Mixtrack Pro 3 with all of the essentials. It has mixer filters, a crossfader, pitch faders, and touch-capacitive jog wheels. Your mixing will be sleek and polished.
- Has a built-in sound card
- Excellent Mic output
- Isn’t made for durability
- Starts to build audio from the other side after a while
- Two-channel, four-deck controller for Serato DJ Lite (free Serato DJ Pro upgrade included with purchase in U. S. Only)
- Large platters with the lowest available latency, optimized for scratching
- Built-in drum kits from Roland legendary pattern-909, pattern-808, pattern-707, and pattern-606, realized with advanced ACB (analog circuit behavior) technology
- Eight sounds in each TR kit: bass drum, snare drum, closed hat, open hat, Tom, rim, clap, and ride
- Onboard sequencer that controls Serato DJ’s sampler for on-the-fly beat creation
This DJ controller is made by Roland Corporation, a Chinese electronic music instruments company.
Made to encompass all the features of a professional DJ controller, this Roland controller gives the less skilled individuals access to a multitude of features. It boasts extra vocal effects like low-cut EQ and a noise gate to polish up the unnecessary background noise.
On top of that, the two-channel Roland DJ-202 controller has pad and transport controls, low-latency platters, and excellent mic input with vocal FX.
The Roland DJ-202 controller also features the ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, which helps recreate the sounds of classic professional controllers like TR-909 and TR-808. These machines defined the production of music genres like hip-hop, techno, and house. With a sound palette that recalls these iconic machines, you’re given access to an amazing quality.
Whether you’re in the studio or firing beats off live, this controller will help produce, remix, and DJ beats.
- Has 24-bit/48 kHz fidelity
- Isn’t suitable for tighter budgets
What Are DJ Controllers?
DJ controllers aren’t old by any means. You might be even older than them. One of the first DJ controllers was made in 2004 by Guillemot Corporation.
DJ controllers are based on microprocessors. This provides a better grip on the music software than touchscreens or keyboards.
These DJ controllers work by sending signals to the computer or Laptop they’re connected to. These signals relay on the computer software on how to mix your music.
How to Choose the Right DJ Controller?
In order to choose the right DJ controller for you, you first need to find something within your budget. A DJ controller can cost from $100 to $1000.
As with most beginners, you’re usually on a budget. Luckily, there are a lot of affordable options out there.
A good DJ controller for beginners recalls both DJ mixers and turntables. However, as much as you want to get your hands on these setups, they’re too expensive and too complicated for first-time users.
This is why you’d want to find a basic DJ controller that includes a crossfader, platters, pitch faders, cue and play buttons, and line faders. These are essentials that your entry-level DJ controllers must-have. This way, you’ll develop a solid grip on music mixing.
With the growing market, it might seem a little challenging to find the best DJ controller under 500. But it’s no big feat.
The Pioneer DJ DJ Controller is an excellent choice for beginners. It’s lightweight, portable, and durable. Besides being long-lasting, its simple layout will have you hauling it around at parties to show off in no time.
If you’re on a tighter budget, then the Hercules DJControl Impulse 200 is a more affordable choice. Intended as a beginner set, it’s easy enough to use. Learning the basics of mixing will be a breeze with its built-in software and excellent latency.
Creating music doesn’t have to be hard. Confused about where to begin? Check out our mentioned DJ controllers above!
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best USB C Headphones
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200