It's a new era of headphones. Ever since Apple and a number of other phone carriers decided to remove the headphone jack, headphone brands are scrambling to create headphones with the unique USB C headphone port. In this article, we'll be talking about what the best USB-C headphones are that you can buy.
What to Consider Before Buying USB C Headphones
What is your budget for USB C Headphones?
USB C headphones range pretty significantly in price. While many people think you get what you pay for, there are many options that you can choose that sound great and perform incredibly. Be sure to read our reviews of the USB C headphones but also click to read the reviews on Amazon to see for yourself.
How much sound do you want to block out?
Whether you want noise-canceling USB-C headphones or just normal USB-C headphones, it's important to realize just how much sound you want to block out. We will list different variations of noise-canceling and normal headphones to choose from.
The Best USB C Headphones
Below we have listed the best USB-C headphones on the market today.
The TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are one of the best USB C headphones on the market today. With the recently released 2020 version, it comes packed with HD Stereo Sound, 30 hours of playtime, fast charging, and hassle-free calls using the cVc 8.0 noise canceling headphone.
- Great design
- Great reviews on Amazon
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fast charging
- More expensive than some of the competition
- Stay with Your Music: With Sony digital noise cancellation chip, one button to block out most of the ambient noises produced by the airplane engines and the trains or enable you listen to the ambient sound without taking off the headphones, from the 3 modes – travel, office and ambient
- Hi-Fi Audio Soundstage: Immersive listening experience with Bluetooth 5. 0 creating an unwavering, uninterrupted connection
- Incredible Fast Charging: Plug in for only 5 minutes with a USB-C connector and get 2 hours playback; only 45 minutes charging time for an ultra-long playtime of up to 30 hours
- Hassle-Free Clear Calls: cVc 8. 0 noise cancelling microphone means you can be heard clearly on the phone no matter the level of background noise
- Customizable Comfort & Easy To Carry: Soft protein memory foam ear pads reduce pressure on your ears, adjustable headband length and earcup angle increases comfort for long-time wear; foldable design for convenient carrying
One of the most popular headphone brands today is AUKEY. For this model, AUKEY has put together a headphone with high-fidelity audio, water-resistant, and voice assistant support. The dual-driver design allows for powerful dynamic drivers and precise sound with a wider 10Hz-22kHz frequency range. The AUKEY USB C headphones are one of the most popular Type C headphones with more than 500 reviews on Amazon.
- 8 hours of playtime
- Bluetooth 5
- IPX6 rating
- Some users have complained of white noise in the sound
- High-Resolution Audio: B80 is the high-fidelity highlight in AUKEY's new Key Series. This premium earbuds model with hybrid driver system is designed for the discerning listener who desires more from their music. Today's most sought-after features are also included, like aptX-Low Latency, USB-C charging, water resistance, and voice assistant support
- Dual Driver Design: The powerful dynamic drivers and precisely tuned balanced armature drivers generate richer & purer sound with a wider 10Hz-22kHz frequency range. Full, warm lows and mids are combined with clear & natural highs through meticulous tuning and seamless crossover
- Quick Recharging: The B80 features a USB Type-C port for recharging. 10 minutes of power means an extra 80 minutes of playback. Get up to 8 hours of battery life when fully charged
- Secure & Comfortable Fit: Stable over-ear ear-hooks provide a comfortable fit and convenient cable routing. Three sizes each of memory foam and soft silicone ear-tips ensure a smooth seal for an optimal listening experience. A soft, lightweight silicone case is also included to keep your prized earbuds pristine
- Package Contents: AUKEY EP-B80 Wireless Earbuds, 3 Pairs of Foam and 3 Pairs of Silicone Ear-Tips (S/M/L), USB-A to C Cable, Carrying Pouch, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card
The KINGONE Type C earbuds are some of the most budget-friendly USB C headphones on the market today. These headphones adopt the latest DAC chip for lossless audio along with its noise-canceling design. While all of these headphones are compatible with the following phones, KINGONE notes this as they will for sure work for Google Pixel 3/2/3XL/2XL, Xiaomi mi 8/8 se/mix 2/mix2s, iPad Pro 2018/Macbook/Macbook Pro/Air, HTC U12/U11/U Ultra/10, Huawei P20 pro /P30 pro/Mate 10/Pro, Essential Phone PH-1 devices.
- Great sound for calls with built-in mic
- Good sound quality
- Can be uncomfortable for a long period of time
- 【High Fidelity Stereo Sound】: Our KINGONE Type C headphone adopt the latest upgraded DAC chip which could convert standard resolution audio to superior lossless audio. And the advanced noise cancelling USB C Headphones makes the music perfectly wrapped in your ear to let you easily enjoy overall listening experience.
- 【Built-in Mic & Magnetic Earbuds】: This USB C headphone with mic can support play/pause the music, answer/hang up the phone, tracker the next/previous song and easy access to volume control. Built-in powerful magnet on the back of earbuds, easily to roll up and take it and without any tangle in daily use.
- 【Comfortable & Durable】: With Designed ergonomically,The Type C earphones can fit the ear perfectly and wear comfortably even for long periods of time without any pain. Anti-wrap oxygen-free copper wire inside provides the whole USB C Earbuds flexibility, make you not only easily walk through backpack and clothes while moving outside activities but also easily business trip . It is very convenient in your life.
- 【Wide Compatibility】: Compatible with Google Pixel 3/2/3XL/2XL, Xiaomi mi 8/8 se/mix 2/mix2s, iPad Pro 2018/Macbook/Macbook Pro/Air, HTC U12/U11/U Ultra/10, Huawei P20 pro /P30 pro/Mate 10/Pro, Essential Phone PH-1, etc. If not sure about compatibility, please kindly contact us before purchase.
- 【Worry-Free Service】: This USB Type C Earphones can not provide only 18 months product warranty for you ,but also can have 30 Days FREE return & replacement and lifetime customer support. Our service team will be always at your disposal with solutions of product problems. If any problem ,pls free contact us at any time.
The Acessorz Type C Headphones are an affordable USB C headphone that are not earbuds. The Acessorz headphones use high quality padded ear cushions, hi-res Realtek DAC chips, noise cancellation, and offer a foldable design.
- Budget-friendly USB C headphones
- Great sound quality
- Comfortable for most people
- The microphone is far from the mouth area and users have said its hard to hear people speaking
- [New Wired Type-c Over Ear Headphone] This is the first newest model of over-ear type c headphones designed by Acessorz, especially for the type-c cellphones and laptops. we using premium durable material and advanced inner hi-res Realtek DAC chips. The high quality padded ear cushions are specifically designed for music/gym headphones maximum comfort and passive noise isolation. The headband is adjustable and stretchable for you to find the desired angle you like to fit in .
- [Passive Noise Canceling] - When playing the music with this over ear usb c headphones, no matter in the noisy streets or in the subway and plane, you will not hear these noise, thanks to the sealed over ear soundproof padded ear cushions of this usb c headphones. Only the music wrapped in your ear, enjoying wonderful music with this usb c over-ear headphone.
- [Superior Sound Deep Bass]: Enjoy clear sound and super comfort with the Acessorz over ear usb c headphones. Large, 50 millimeter speaker unit drivers combined with neodymium magnets; powerful bass, clear vocal, and crisp high tones form perfect hi-fi sound.
- [ATTENTION: Compatibility] - This usb c over-ear headphones support these below: Compatible with iPad Pro 2018, New Macbook Air/Pro, Chromebook, Dell Xps, Google Pixel 2/3/4 & XL, Samsung Galaxy S9/S10/S10+, Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10 Plus 5G, Google Chromebook, Xiaomi, HUAWEI, Oneplus, LG, Essential PH-1, Razer Phone. Other type-c usb c interface devices NOT support. (Restart devices to try again if no sound come out)
- [BUY WITH CONFIDENCE]: We can offer excellent assistance for all your purchase, any problem please feel free to contact us, kindly email us your questions, our support team will be ready for you anytime 24 hours/7 days..
The TaoTronics SoundSurge 46 are some of the best looking USB-C headphones on the market. The TaoTronics USB-C headphone adopts hybrid active noise canceling to reduce noise on airplanes, cars, and more. These headphones offer fast charging, great sound, and customizable comfort.
- Great design
- High-quality sound
- Fast charging & great battery life
- Great bass
- Good range
- Some have complained of the overstated bass
- Some people have complained of the noise cancellation
TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones Bluetooth Headphones SoundSurge 46 Over Ear Headphones Wireless Headphones with Deep Bass, Fast Charge 30H Playtime Bluetooth 5.0 for Travel Work TV PC
- Just You & Your Music: Adopts Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling to effectively reduce noise produced by planes, cars or trains by up to 96%
- Hi-Fi Audio Soundstage: aptX coding delivers an immersive listening experience, with Bluetooth 5.0 creating an unwavering, uninterrupted connection
- Incredible Fast Charging: Plug in for only 5 minutes with a USB-C connector and get 2 hours playback; only 45 minutes charging time for an ultra-long playtime up to 30 hours
- Hassle-Free Clear Calls: cVc 8.0 noise cancelling microphone means you can be heard clearly on the phone no matter the level of background noise
- Customizable Comfort: Soft protein memory foam ear pads reduce pressure on your ears, while an adjustable headband length & earphone angle increases comfort for long-time wear
Which USB C Headphones Should I Buy?
All of the USB-C headphones we have listed are great headphones on the market today. If you have the budget for USB C headphones just under $100, we recommend the TaoTronics SoundSurge 46. If you are on a budget though and want to spend nearly $20, you can't go wrong with the KINGONE USB-C headphones.
USB C Headphones FAQ
What are USB C Headphones?
Many phone manufacturers have abandoned the 3.5mm connector and moved to a more flat design. This flat design is now known as the USB Type-C port.
Why were USB C Headphones created?
Phone manufacturers were the main driver behind the USB C headphone movement. As phones continue to get slimmer and slimmer, Apple noticed that they could not slim down the phone anymore by keeping the standard 3.5mm port. Because of this, they have introduced more Bluetooth and USB C headphones to allow its users to listen to their phones.
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200