It's a new era of headphones. Ever since Apple and a number of other phone carriers decided to remove the headphone jack, headphone brands are scrambling to create headphones with the unique USB C headphone port. In this article, we'll be talking about what the best USB-C headphones are that you can buy.
What to Consider Before Buying USB C Headphones
What is your budget for USB C Headphones?
USB C Headphones range pretty significantly in price. While many people think you get what you pay for, there are many options that you can choose that sound great and perform incredibly. Be sure to read our reviews of the USB C headphones but also click to read the reviews on Amazon to see for yourself.
How much sound do you want to block out?
Whether you want noise-canceling USB-C Headphones or just normal USB-C headphones, it's important to realize just how much sound you want to block out. We will list different variations of noise-canceling and normal headphones to choose from.
The Best USB C Headphones
Below we have listed the best USB-C headphones on the market today.
1. TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling USB C Headphones
The TaoTronics Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are one of the best USB C headphones on the market today. With the recently released 2020 version, it comes packed with HD Stereo Sound, 30 hours of playtime, fast charging, and hassle-free calls using the cVc 8.0 noise canceling headphone.
- Great design
- Great reviews on Amazon
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Fast charging
- More expensive than some of the competition
2. AUKEY Key Series B80
One of the most popular headphone brands today is AUKEY. For this model, AUKEY has put together a headphone with high-fidelity audio, water-resistant, and voice assistant support. The dual-driver design allows for powerful dynamic drivers and precise sound with a wider 10Hz-22kHz frequency range. The AUKEY USB C headphones are one of the most popular Type C headphones with more than 500 reviews on Amazon.
- 8 hours of playtime
- Bluetooth 5
- IPX6 rating
- Some users have complained of white noise in the sound
3. KINGONE Type C Earbuds
The KINGONE Type C earbuds are some of the most budget-friendly USB C headphones on the market today. These headphones adopt the latest DAC chip for lossless audio along with its noise-canceling design. While all of these headphones are compatible with the following phones, KINGONE notes this as they will for sure work for Google Pixel 3/2/3XL/2XL, Xiaomi mi 8/8 se/mix 2/mix2s, iPad Pro 2018/Macbook/Macbook Pro/Air, HTC U12/U11/U Ultra/10, Huawei P20 pro /P30 pro/Mate 10/Pro, Essential Phone PH-1 devices.
- Great sound for calls with built-in mic
- Good sound quality
- Can be uncomfortable for a long period of time
- [High Fidelity Stereo Sound ] : Our KINGONE Type C headphone adopt the latest upgraded DAC chip which could convert standard resolution audio to superior lossless audio. And the advanced noise canceling USB C Headphones makes the music perfectly wrapped in your ear to let you easily enjoy overall listening experience.
- [Built-in Mic and Magnetic Earbud ] : This USB C headphone with mic can support play/pause the music, answer/hang up the phone, tracker the next/previous song and easy access to volume control. Built-in powerful magnet on the back of earbuds, easily to roll up and take it and without any tangle in daily use.
- [Comfortable and Durable ] : With Designed ergonomically,The Type C earphones can fit the ear perfectly and wear comfortably even for long periods of time without any pain. Anti-wrap oxygen-free copper wire inside provides the whole USB C earbuds flexibility, make you not only easily walk through backpack and clothes while moving outside activities but also easily business trip . It is very convenient in your life.
4. Acessorz USB C Headphones
The Acessorz Type C Headphones are an affordable USB C headphone that are not earbuds. The Acessorz headphones use high quality padded ear cushions, hi-res Realtek DAC chips, noise cancellation, and offer a foldable design.
- Budget-friendly USB C headphones
- Great sound quality
- Comfortable for most people
- The Microphone is far from the mouth area and users have said its hard to hear people speaking
5. TaoTronics SoundSurge 46
The TaoTronics SoundSurge 46 are some of the best looking USB-C headphones on the market. The TaoTronics USB-C headphone adopts hybrid active noise canceling to reduce noise on airplanes, cars, and more. These headphones offer fast charging, great sound, and customizable comfort.
- Great design
- High-quality sound
- Fast charging & great battery life
- Great bass
- Good range
- Some have complained of the overstated bass
- Some people have complained of the noise cancellation
Which USB C Headphones Should I Buy?
All of the USB-C headphones we have listed are great headphones on the market today. If you have the budget for USB C headphones just under $100, we recommend the TaoTronics SoundSurge 46. If you are on a budget though and want to spend nearly $20, you can't go wrong with the KINGONE USB-C headphones.
USB C Headphones FAQ
What are USB C Headphones?
Many phone manufacturers have abandoned the 3.5mm connector and moved to a more flat design. This flat design is now known as the USB Type-C port.
Why were USB C Headphones created?
Phone manufacturers were the main driver behind the USB C headphone movement. As phones continue to get slimmer and slimmer, Apple noticed that they could not slim down the phone anymore by keeping the standard 3.5mm port. Because of this, they have introduced more Bluetooth and USB C headphones to allow its users to listen to their phones.
More Buying Guides
- Best Analog Synth Under $500
- Best Baritone Ukelele
- Best Bone Conduction Headphones
- Best Bluetooth Amplifier
- Best Camera for Music Videos
- Best Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Ceiling Speakers
- Best Closed Back Headphones
- Best Church Sound Systems
- Best DAW for EDM
- Best DAW for Hip Hop
- Best DJ Controller Under $500
- Best DJ Headphones
- Best DJ Software
- Best DJ Speakers
- Best Earplugs for Concerts
- Best Electric Drum Set
- Best Mixing Headphones
- Best Laptops for DJing
- Best Laptop Stand for Musicians
- Best Production Software
- Best Smart Speaker
- Best Studio Desks
- Best Studio Monitors
- Best USB Audio Interfaces for Recording Vocals
- Best Vocal Mic Under $200