A safari hat is a type of wide-brimmed hat that is typically worn in hot, sunny climates. Safari hats are usually made from straw or cloth and are often fitted with a chin strap to keep them from blowing off in the wind. They provide excellent protection from the sun, helping to prevent sunburn and heatstroke. Safari hats are also often used for hunting, as they help to camouflage the wearer and keep insects away from the face. In addition, safari hats can be a stylish finishing touch to any outfit, giving it a touch of adventurer. Whether you’re headed on an actual safari or just to the beach, a safari hat is a great choice to keep you cool and protected from the sun.
Read on to see some of the best Safari Hat options we could find.
Best Safari Hat
Note: The image below may not represent the true ‘Safari Hat' option. Please click to the “Comes in” option to see the exact item.
1. Funny Party Hats Pith Hat
- This traditional pith hat is a perfect addition to safari costumes, zookeeper costumes, and French military costumes!
- This khaki colored pith hat is a great option for everyday use! Perfect for hot sunny days, gardening, hiking, or anytime spent outside.
- Great Vacation Hat! Get your pith helmet to bring along with you on your trip and wear on your excursions.
2. GearTOP Bucket Hats (Comes in Khaki)
- Fishing hat with UPF 50+ protection that’s tested & proven to keep you safe from harmful UVA/UVB rays.
- The only outdoor safari hat you need! Keep cool & ventilated even on the hottest & most humid adventures!
- Our mens sun hat comes with a breathable mesh that keep your noggin dry & sweat free!
3. Century Star Sun Hats
- Great Quality: Fashion fishing hat is made of carefully selected 100% polyester. It is breathable, sweat - absorbing, wind - proof, sunproof, durable. Effectively block out harmful UV
- Wide Brim Hat: Unisex hat with wide brim to effectively keep out the sun. The summer hat brim material is flexible which can be worn folded up or down. Wearing this sun hat outdoors can reduce the harm caused by the sun. One size fits most people head circumference about 21.65 -23.6inch. Adjustable drawcord to better fit the head.
- Unique Design: Adjustable drawcord to most people can wear. Breathable mesh which make the hat more breathable, and sweat can be better evaporation. Our head can better feel cool and comfortable. The adjustable chin strap keeps the hat on our heads and prevents it from blowing off in high winds
4. Milani Straw Pith Helmet Outdoor Hat
- LIGHTWEIGHT DURABILITY: Hat weighs only 6 ounces but its 100% straw construction is durable
- GREAT FOR OUTDOORS: Protect your head and neck from the sun while the woven straw and foam forehead pad keep you dry
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: Decorate the hat to your liking with the leatherette brim strap and the side vent holes can be used for chin straps (strap not included)
What is the purpose of a safari hat?
A safari hat is a type of wide-brimmed hat that is typically worn in hot, sunny climates. The hat provides protection from the sun and can help to keep the wearer cool. Safari hats are often made from lightweight materials such as linen or cotton. They may also be treated with a waterproofing agent to help repel water and protect against rain.
Why do mail carriers wear safari hats?
Mail carriers have a long and storied history, dating back to the days of the Pony Express. In those early days, mail carriers needed to be able to move quickly and quietly, which is why they wore safari hats. The wide brim helped to deflect the sun, and the neutral color helped them to blend in with their surroundings. Today, mail carriers still need to be able to move quickly, but they also need to be easily recognizable. The safari hat helps to achieve both of these goals. The bright red color makes carriers easy to spot, while the brim still provides protection from the sun. As a result, the safari hat has become an essential part of the mail carrier uniform.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.