If you're like us, when you think of cowgirl outfits, the first thing that comes to mind is a Southern Belle with her big sunhat, flowing skirt, and rustling jean jacket. Cowboys are often portrayed as rough and tough, so their outfits don't usually get as much attention. But cowboy fashion has definitely come a long way in recent years! There are now some really stylish options for both men and women who want to dress up like a cowgirl (or cowboy). So if you're looking for some ideas on how to put together your own Cowgirl Outfit, read on! We've gathered some of my favorite looks for inspiration.
Best Cowgirl Outfits
Note: The image below may not represent the true ‘Cowgirl Outfits' option. Please click to the “Comes in” option to see the exact item.
1. MISSACTIVER Women’s Cowgirl Outfit
- Material: Cotton blend, soft and comfortable fabric, slim fit but no too tight to wear.
- Features:Fashion graphic and letter print crop t-shirt, bear print crop tee top. Slim fit, short sleeve, casual and cute top for all seasons.Basic cropped shirt for women, teen girl.
- Match: Great match with skinny jeans, shorts, skirt. Wear it alone in spring and summer, Or under wear in a coat or jacket for a fashion layer look in cold day.No see through and good quality.
2. HOTLOOX Fringe Vest Cowgirl Outfit
3. Verdusa Women's Fringe Trim
- Fabric has some stretch
- Halter neck, sleeveless, tassel trim, snap closure
- Model Measurements: Height: 68.9 inch, Bust: 35 inch, Waist: 24 inch, Hips: 34.6 inch. Wear: S
4. MakeMeChic Women's Cow Print Crop Top
- Fabric has stretch
- Features: cow print, adjustable strap, crop top, sleeveless, hanky hem
- Occasion: casual style, fit for daily wear, perfect for summer
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.
What can I wear to be a cowgirl?
Though the term “cowgirl” conjures up images of women in short skirts and cowboy hats, there is no one definitive style of dress. In general, cowgirls tend to wear clothing that is comfortable and functional, with an emphasis on practicality. Jeans are a common choice, as they are durable and easy to move in. Boots are also popular, as they provide good traction and support when riding. For upper bodywear, many cow girls choose plaid shirts or button-downs, which can be layered for warmth. And of course, no cowgirl outfit would be complete without a cowboy hat! While there is no single “right” way to dress like a cowgirl, these items are all popular choices that can help you create a stylish and practical look.
What did cowgirls wear in the Old West?
In the late 1800s, cowgirls began to emerge as a distinct group within the American West. These women were often the daughters of ranchers and homesteaders, and they embraced the hardworking lifestyle of their parents. Cowgirls were skilled horsemen and sharp shooters, and they quickly gained a reputation for being tough and independent. While there was no one definitive style of dress for these women, they often wore clothing that was practical for work on the ranch. This could include a long skirt or trousers, a button-down shirt, and a wide-brimmed hat. Many cowgirls also carried a pistol or revolver, both for protection from predators and to prove their shooting skills. Over time, the image of the cowgirl became an iconic symbol of the American West.