Packing for a music festival can be tricky- on the one hand, you want to bring enough stuff to keep you comfortable and safe, but on the other hand, you don't want to bring so much that you're weighed down and miserable. To help you out, we've put together a list of essential items to pack for your next festival adventure!
What To Bring to a Music Festival? Festival Packing List
A casual backpack is essential for carrying all your items. Make sure it’s big enough to store water, snacks, and other essentials throughout the day.
- COMPLETE WATERPROOF PROTECTION: 100% waterproof to ensure your gear stays completely dry while traveling, kayaking, biking, commuting, camping, and fishing.
- EASY TO USE: Designed with a roll-top closure and single reinforced strip to ensure water stays out. Simply fold the bag down 3-4 times, buckle, and you are ready to go!
- PLENTY OF EXTRA STORAGE: Equipped with pockets on both the inside and outside of the bag. A large splash-proof zipper on the outside for quick grab and go items, and a built-in zippered pocket, mesh...
Also Read: Best Waterproof Backpack
Sunglasses are good for protecting your eyes from the sun and looking stylish at the same time. Casual sunglasses will fit right in with your festival attire.
Also Read: Best Flip Up Sunglasses
Sunscreen is a must for any outdoor event. Be sure to bring sweat-proof sunscreen that won't be easily wiped off by dancing and other activities.
- Multi-award winning sunscreen with advanced protection in a fast-absorbing, velvety texture that leaves skin hydrated and smooth. Broad Spectrum SPF 60
- Allure 2022 Best of Beauty Award Winner. Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants. Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin
Also Read: Best Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin
Earplugs will keep your ears protected from the loud music. Even if you’re a fan of the bands playing, it’s important to be able to hear properly afterwards.
- FIRST CLASS HEARING PROTECTION - Our High Fidelity Earplugs protect your ears from harmful noise levels while still allowing you to clearly hear your surroundings. Get up to 21 dB of noise reduction...
- PRISTINE SOUND QUALITY - Our innovative attenuation filters allow you to hear the world around you, just at a lower volume. Reduces noise evenly to maintain the full spectrum of sound while protecting...
- USE EARGASM ANYWHERE - Fantastic ear plugs for concerts, noise sensitivity, tinnitus relief, motorcycles, musicians, drummers, noise cancelling, noise reduction, sporting events, sleeping and so many...
Also Read: Best Earplugs for Concerts
Body wipes are great for freshening up after a long day of dancing and sweating. Bring some along in-case showers are unavailable.
Cell Phone Selfie Fan:
Cell phone selfie fans are a great way to take pictures without worrying about your phone overheating. Plus, you'll get some awesome wind-blown shots!
- Cool and Cozy Fan: In the company of the GENUIE premium portable fan, you can have a cool and cozy summer. With motor revolutions 16000RPM, and mobile phone power supply, it works continuously more...
- Durable Environmental materials: The GENUIE portable fan selects environmentally-friendly materials which is specially processed; so it is dependable and safe to kids. What’s more, we apply high...
- 180 Rotating Function: This GENUIE Fan is flexible and adjustable for you to enjoy or share the cool wind with your friends and family. The electric motor and fan blades are free split, and the blade...
Portable Battery Charger:
Portable battery chargers are essential for keeping your phone and other electronics charged throughout the day.
Fanny Packs are a great way to store your valuables while keeping your hands free. Choose one with a fun, casual pattern that matches your festival style.
Comfortable shoes are a must for any music festival. Throw on some sneakers or sandals and you'll be ready to dance all day.
Hydration packs are great for staying hydrated throughout the day. Make sure to fill it up with water before you go and stay hydrated!
Also Read: Best Hydration Pack
Rain Jacket or Poncho:
Weather can be unpredictable, so it's important to bring a rain jacket or poncho just in case. This will keep you dry if the skies open up!
A hat is a great way to shield your face from the sun and keep you looking stylish at the same time. Choose something casual that will fit right in with your festival attire.Amazon product
Face bandanas are great for keeping dust and sweat out of your face. Plus, they make a cool fashion statement! Amazon product
Also Read: Best Bandana Face Mask
Chapstick is essential for keeping your lips moisturized in dry and hot temperatures. Bring some along to keep them looking kissable all day!
Hand sanitizer is a great way to stay germ-free all day. Make sure to bring a bottle or two so you can keep your hands clean and avoid getting sick.
- Contains: (6) 2 Ounce 100% Recycled Plastic Bottles of Everyone Coconut and Lemon Hand Sanitizer Spray (Travel sized, TSA Compliant)
- Scent: Everyone Coconut and Lemon Hand Sanitizer Spray combines the upbeat burst of lemon with the tropical relaxation of sweet coconut for a scentsational blend. You’ll feel more energized,...
- Use: Our Hand Sanitizer Spray combines the gentle nature of non-GMO sugar-cane derived alcohol and the playful partnership between lively lemon and sweet coconut. With a 62% alcohol content, our spray...
Bodypaint & Glitter:
Bodypaint and glitter are fun ways to stand out in the crowd. Get creative with colors and designs and you'll be sure to make a statement at the festival!
- EASY-TO-USE - Apply as needed! Sticks to hair and skin. Whether you want to go to a party all dazzled up or just harmless fun with glitter. We got you covered! Literally.
- EASY TO CLEAN - As easy as pie! Just shower or wash areas where glitter is applied with soap. Our chunky glitter stays on all day but comes off when you want it to.
- 100% SAFE, CRUELTY-FREE - Animals are our friends! Our glitter was made for humans. Our products are certified cruelty-free by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) and use nothing but...
Cooling towels are great for keeping you cool during hot days. Just wet them with water and they’ll stay cool even in the heat!
- 💧【INSTANT COOLING】: The cooling towels is made of hyper-evaporate breathable mesh material. The unique cooling system uses moisture from the towel to draw the sweat away from your skin to keep...
- 💧【COOLING EFFECT】: It’s a magic towel chills instantly. Cool down quickly by simply soaking it, wringing out the water and shaking it.Just a few seconds the chill towel will keep cooling for...
- 💧【QUALITY MATERIAL】: Made of premium microfiber with a mesh pattern, this ice cool towel is chemical-free, durable, soft and skin-friendly. It's breathable, super absorbent and dries quickly....
Make sure to bring a valid photo ID with you for entry into the festival. This will also come in handy if you decide to buy alcoholic beverages at any concession stands.
Bring a few credit cards along in case you need to make any purchases while at the festival.
Multi-Day Camping Festival Packing List:
A tent is essential for multi-day camping festivals. Choose one that’s durable, waterproof and has enough space for you and your friends.
Also Read: Best 2-Personal Tents
Bring a comfortable sleeping bag to stay warm during the night.
- GREAT FOR ALL SEASONS - Rated temperature 5(℃)--25(℃), which allows sleeper warm even at 40(℉). Comfort temperature is 17(℃)--24(℃). This is achieved through double-filled technology....
- GET FANTASTIC FREEDOM WITH SPECIAL DESIGN - Measures 29.5 W x 86.6 H in Perfectly fits an average size adult, and tons of space for kids. Two-way zipper with “zipper guard” to prevent stuck hooks...
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO PACK - Can be packed down into an ultra compact bag in seconds. There’s no need to fold or roll it. Just stuff it into the sturdy carrying bag, pull the straps, and it...
Also Read: Best Bivvy Bags
Air Mattress or Sleep Pad:
An air mattress or sleep pad is a must for a comfortable night’s sleep.
Hammocks are great for relaxing during the day and hanging out with friends.
Travel pillows are great for making sure you get a good sleep.
Packing cubes are a great way to keep your items organized and make packing up easier.
Eye masks are perfect for blocking out light and helping you get some much needed shut eye.
- 100% Blocking Light: Human engineering contour can improve 99% lightproof performance, to achieve a total darkness, perfectly match nose of any height.
- 3D Contoured Design: NO pressure on the eyes, allows you to blink freely, and don't touch your eye makeup, increase REM sleep.
- Improved Adjustable Buckle: Gentle, pain-free, easy-to-adjust headband won’t tangle hair or snag pillow. Fully adjustable strap from 18.5 inches to 27.5 inches.
Foldable Beach Chair:
Foldable chairs are great for sitting around the campfire and watching the stars.
- The perfect low profile, lightweight chair for camping, the beach, outdoor concerts, sporting events and much more
- COMFORTABLE: With breathable mesh fabric and cushioned armrests
- Compact: 22" high and 19" wide, Sits 5" off the ground allowing you to easily snuggle up by the campfire. Folds up fast and stows easily (26"x8" folded)
Also Read: Best Beach Chairs
First Aid Travel Kit:
Make sure to bring a first aid kit with you in case of any medical emergencies.
You’ll want to pack all your toiletries so you can stay clean and refreshed throughout the festival.
- TSA Compliant 10 Piece Travel Kit, Featuring: Pantene
- Popular National Brands; Grooming and Oral Care Essentials in Cosmetic-Type Travel Bag
- Ideal for: Holiday Gift Giving, Carry-On Airline Travel, Business Travel, Weather-Related Emergency, After-Gym Workout Shower, Busy College Student, Mother’s Day, and Weekend Getaway
Dry shampoo is a great way to keep your hair looking fresh and clean.
- One 6.35 oz Batiste Original Fragrance Dry Shampoo Bottle
- Dry shampoo formulated to target excess oil and grease at the roots to leave your hair feeling clean between washes
- Upgrade your hair care with a clean and classic fragrance with a citrusy and refreshing burst of orange and bergamot, balanced by hints of rose, lily, lavender and powdery musk
Bug spray is essential for keeping those pesky bugs away.
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that may transmit the Zika, West Nile, Dengue and Chikungunya viruses, ticks, gnats, biting flies, chiggers and fleas.
- FORMULATED FOR SEVERE INSECT CONDITIONS: Contains 98.11% DEET for protection in heavily infested conditions.
- PROTECTS FOR UP TO 10 HOURS: Enjoy the outdoors without the bite – provides long-lasting protection, so you don't have to limit your adventure because of bugs.
Bring an outdoor blanket for lounging around and watching the performances.
Also Read: Best Outdoor Blankets
Playing cards are great for passing time between sets or while you’re waiting in line.
Koozies are great for keeping your drinks cold and they also look cool!
- The YETI Standard Colster 2.0 is good for: Standard 12 oz. Cans, Longnecks, Tailgates, Triple-digit temps and BBQ festivals. Can and bottle fit may vary based on shape
- The Load-and-Lock gasket only requires a simple quarter-turn to seal the deal
- The Colsters are insulated with a double-wall vacuum so your beverages stay really, really cold
Camping Stove and Gas Canisters:
If you plan on cooking at the festival, bring a camping stove and gas canisters to get your meals started.
- PORTABLE: Easy addition to the campsite, picnic, roadside, and more
- TWO WIND GUARDS: Help shield and protect burners from wind
- HEAVY-DUTY LATCH: Easy to open and keeps the stove closed when not in use
Bring a lantern for lighting up the campsite at night.
- Bright & Dimmable：Equipped with 30 bright LED bulbs, this lantern can get as bright as 140 lumens with a 360° lighting effect to dispel the darkness during emergencies like storms, power outages,...
- Long Lasting: Powered by 3 well-charged AA batteries, this lantern can be used as a emergency light which provides up to 50 hours of bright light
- Compact & Lightweight: With its collapsible design, the lantern is portable like a smartphone which makes it an ideal camping supply and it's lightweight; Easily pack it in your backpack while camping...
Headlamps are perfect for hands-free illumination while you’re walking around the festival.
- Super Bright & Incredible Value: Headlamp flashlight uses a best-in-class LED chip, and the powerful camping light produces a bright, long-lasting beam of 1200 lumens with daylight color and clarity....
- Smart Function & Motion Sensor: Unlike other versions, the Curtsod headlamp has a clever memory function that keeps the light in the same mode as the last time it was used when turned on again. In any...
- Type-c Rechargeable & 12 Modes: The upgraded charging method greatly speeds up the charging speed. Built-in rechargeable 1500mAh high-capacity battery, the LED headlight has 12 lighting modes to meet...
Bring a solar shower if you want to stay clean and refreshed during the festival.
- Construction - 4-ply construction with reflector panel and insulator panel for optimized heat retention and performance
- Capacity - This summer shower has a large 5-gallon capacity and is designed to heat water fast in the warm sun
- Temperature guage- Easy-to-read temperature gauge to know when your shower is warm. The shower can heat up to 110 degrees in under 3 hours in direct sunlight
Microfiber Bath Towel:
A microfiber bath towel is great for drying off after a shower or swim.
Also Read: Best Microfiber Car Cloths
Protein bars are a great way to stay energized throughout the day without having to wait in line for food.
Fun Things to Bring for Festival Camping:
Bring a hula hoop to practice your moves and have some fun.
- Transform your body with our weighted hula hoop - the perfect piece of exercise equipment for a full body workout! This hula hoop targets the core, waist and back, strengthening your core muscles and...
- Utilize our hula hoop for more than just fun - build strength and balance with our detachable hula hoop, using it for beginner and advanced exercise routines.
- Maximize your results and target core muscles with our travel ready weighted hula hoop! Get an easy massage hooping on your belly for comfort and satisfaction.
Glow sticks are great for night time fun and they’ll help you stand out in the crowd.
- 100 Glow Sticks Party Pack: Light up with 100 pieces of easy-to-activate and vibrant multi-colored light sticks plus 100 pieces of dependable connectors that stay put for hours
- Waterproof Floating Glow Sticks: Use these glow in the dark party favors as glow party decorations or use in the pool or during bathtime; these waterproof glow party supplies float, are non leaking,...
- Longer Lasting Glow Party Supplies: To activate these glow in the dark light sticks, simply snap and shake until completely lit; these 8-inch long glow in the dark sticks glow bright for 10-14 hours
Ping Pong Balls and Plastic Cups for Beer Pong:
Bring some ping pong balls and plastic cups to play beer pong with your friends.
- The racks are portable and versatile, set them up anywhere, anytime
- Easily stack into a lightweight, portable travel case with backpack straps
- Great for dorms, basements, the beach, tailgating or anywhere else
Music Festival Packing Tips:
- Be Casual: Music festivals are all about having fun, so dress comfortably and casually. Choose items from your closet that you can mix-and-match to create multiple outfits.
- Pack Light: It is best to pack as lightly as possible for a music festival. The last thing you want to do is be lugging around an extra heavy bag. Make sure everything in your packing list fits into one or two bags.
- Bring Cash: Although most vendors now accept credit cards, it’s always a good idea to bring some cash with you just in case there are any unexpected purchases or fees you need to pay onsite.
- Have Fun & Be Safe: Above all else, have fun and stay safe!