This Post Originally Appeared Here
In the coming sections, we’ll be reviewing the best earplugs for concerts, musicians, and even for riding on a motorcycle. While cotton balls and foam earplugs were the standard way for blocking out sounds in previous generations, technology has come a long way. In fact, specialty earplugs are designed today to help block out the piercing sounds while help maintaining the sound at concerts and music festivals.
What to Consider Before Buying Earplugs
Due to the wide range of Earplugs on the market, the process of selecting the best pair of ear plugs will come down to your requirements.
What's your budget?
Earplugs will range between $10 and $70. It's important to recognize what you are willing to spend on earplugs from the beginning.
How much sound do you want to block out?
Many of the earplugs range in how many decibels of sound they are able to block out. It's important to consider how much sound you want to come through the earplugs.
The Best Earplugs for Concerts
Below we have listed the best earplugs for music festivals and concerts.
- FIRST CLASS HEARING PROTECTION - Our High Fidelity Earplugs protect your ears from harmful noise levels while still allowing you to clearly hear your surroundings. Get up to 21 dB of noise reduction (NRR 16 dB) so that you can do more of what you love while minimizing the risk of noise induced hearing loss, tinnitus, and anxiety.
- PRISTINE SOUND QUALITY - Our innovative attenuation filters allow you to hear the world around you, just at a lower volume. Reduces noise evenly to maintain the full spectrum of sound while protecting hearing. Great for toning down noise levels in loud environments to reduce anxiety and for safely listening to live music with clarity.
- USE EARGASM ANYWHERE - Fantastic ear plugs for concerts, noise sensitivity, tinnitus relief, motorcycles, musicians, drummers, noise cancelling, noise reduction, sporting events, sleeping and so many other uses!
The Eargasm High Fidelity Earplugs preserve sound quality with their patent-pending attenuation filters. They are able to protect hearing without muffling the music and voices as many foam earplugs do. The Eargasm earplugs are able to protect up to a 21 dB drop in noise levels.
- Discreet design
- Multiple shell sizes to get the perfect fit
- Made with hypo-allergic soft silicone
- Great customer service
- Convenient pull tabs for easy removal
- Great for professional live mixing
- Multi-day use may irritate ears
2. Vibes High Fidelity Concert Earplugs
- Protect Your Ears: Vibes Reusable High Fidelity Earplugs reduce damaging decibel levels to protect your ears in noisy areas without hurting sound quality. We’ve fitted noise-canceling earplugs with the best attenuating filters that lower volumes via filter specific frequencies vs outright noise cancellation. Thus our filtered sound reduction earbuds ensure a clear sound experience
- Virtually Invisible and Reusable: With clear outer shells and form-fitting low profile silicone earbuds each noise isolating earplug is nearly undetectable. Compared to bulky noticeable plugs Vibes are discrete
- Multiple Sizes Included: Vibes are a comfortable, snug fit for all ear types. Adjustable silicone ear buds with sound blocking tips in multiple sizes (Small, Medium & Large) Perfect for men, women, kids, and adults to wear for long periods
The Vibes earplugs come with a glass-clear outer shell. The low profile silicone earbuds are low profile and discreet so that you can feel confident while wearing them at a concert or festival. These noise-reducing earphones lower damaging decibel levels by up to 22 decibels.
- Good for people with small ears
- Stays in ears
- Not very visible
- People have stated that they have trouble removing them once they are inserted into someone's ears
3. EAROS ONE High Fidelity Acoustic Filters
- FILTER THE NOISE | Experience sound as you normally would -- just at a lower decibel level. Rather than muffling and distorting the listening experience, EAROS are specially tuned to reduce noise while maintaining sound quality for a natural listening experience.
- EXPERTLY ENGINEERED | Developed with the former Director of MIT's Acoustics & Vibratory Lab, EAROS are designed to reproduce the sound curve of your natural ear -- delivering a unique combination of sound clarity and hearing protection.
- PATENTED DESIGN | Our proprietary, patented soundbore replicates how the inner ear resonates while providing a Noise Reduction Rating of 17 dB and preserving audio fidelity. Sleek, ergonomic design offers a low profile and comfortable fit.
The EAROS ONE High Fidelity Acoustic Filters aren't necessarily an earplug, but they are worth a mention due to their sound fidelity, comfort, and design. The patent-pending design is attenuated for 17-25 dB of noise reduction. The technology was created by a team of MIT acousticians, industrial designers, and audiologists.
- Made in the USA
- Great value
- Great concert filters
- Some people have had issues with getting the earplugs to seal to one's ears
4. Earasers High Fidelity Musician's Ear Plugs
The Earasers High Fidelity earplugs come with a 19-decibel protection filter that reduces loud noises without sacrificing the low and high frequencies. There are three different sizes. Small which is for women and younger males and people with smaller than average ear canals, medium for adult males and persons with average-sized ear canals and large for adult males with larger than average ear canals.
- Small earplugs
- Not visible
- Some have reported it's pricier than others in the market
5. DownBeats Reusable High Fidelity Hearing Protection
- High-Fidelity Sound Filters for Optimal Hearing Protection – Unlike regular ear plugs, DownBeats music ear plugs cut down background noise, by up to 18 decibels. They allow you to listen to music and speeches at a safe level without muffling.
- Helps Protect Your Ears from Long-term Damage – With these noise reduction ear plugs, you can enjoy loud live events with ease. These ear plugs for concerts reduce sounds moderately and deliver high quality music to your ears at a comfortable level.
- Filters Distracting Noises – Designed to reduce unwanted sounds, these high fidelity ear plugs are a necessity for your listening convenience. They diminish loud sounds. So, you can hear great music, conversations, and your favorite musicians safely and clearly!
The DownBeats earplugs come with an aluminum case with a clip that can easily attach to keys, belts, and bags. These earplugs are small but can dial down the volume 18 decibels with clarity of sound.
- Aluminian case
- Good for people with small ears
- Cheaper and smaller than Eargasm earplugs
- Known to muffle the sound
6. LiveMus!c HearSafe Earplugs, High Fidelity Ear Plugs
- SAFEGUARD YOUR HEARING: With up to 29dB NRR, our high decibel ear plugs protect your hearing from the damaging effects of loud sounds; must-have musicians ear plugs for music lovers and concert goers
- DISCREET YET POWERFUL: Clear, invisible ear plugs featuring a patented hi fidelity filter for reducing noise while maintaining pristine quality so you can hear clearly without sacrificing your ears
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORTABLE ALL-DAY WEAR: Soft silicone ear plugs, fit snugly into ear canals, fit most sizes, and don’t cause itches or allergies; our concert earplugs are Hypoallergenic and BPA Free
The LiveMus!c HearSafe Earplugs are able to retain music, conversation, and voice through two unique sets of earplugs that do not muffle the sound like foam earplugs.
- White Filter has a Noise Reduction Ratio (NRR) of 29 dB
- Green Filter has a Noise Reduction Ratio (NRR) of 23 dB
- 2 Pairs of earplugs
- Great customer service
- The stem may pop off easily from earplugs
- These earplugs are known to fall out of someone's ears
7. Loop Earplugs: High Fidelity Hearing Protection
The Loop earplugs are one of the most unique earplugs with its look and feel. The loop earplugs mimic the ear with a round acoustic channel that imitates the natural resonance of your ear canal which being able to reduce the volume by 20 decibels.
- You will receive 2 loop earplugs and 3 sizes (small, medium, and large)
- Clever design
- The mid-range sound seems to cut more than other designs