Planted directly underneath the shadows of bustling downtown San Diego right next to the bay is an idea come to life by the team at Goldenvoice and FNGRS CRSSD. Despite the CRSSD Festival shattering our expectations as a debut festival, not everyone seems to be pleased by the result of this festival.
Despite event organizers renting the grounds for a mere $33,000, the repairs to Waterfront Park after the 2 day festival are estimated to cost more than $64,000 according to an estimate from the County of San Diego.
Repairs needed include damaged plants, irrigation heads, granite surfaces, drink stains and more. Take a look at the full damage from the festival below:
- A sign in the playground area – $2,000 to replace.
- Fountain and hardscape surfacing damaged with food and drink stains and chewing gum.
- Irrigation heads, valves and leaks – $6,270.
- More than 500 plants – $35,340 to replace.
- Depressed turf and granite surfaces – $14,250.
Already festival organizers have agreed to this estimate and “work is underway to make the repairs.”
Photo Credit: CRSSD Festival