With the resurgence in the popularity of vinyl records, it's no surprise that people are looking for the best portable turntables to take their music with them on the go. Whether you're a DJ or just a music lover, a portable turntable can be a great way to enjoy your favorite tunes.
This article will look at six of the best portable turntables on the market and some things to remember when shopping for one. Let's get started.
Best Portable Turntable
There are a lot of reasons to love turntables. For one, they offer superb sound quality that is hard to match with other digital audio formats. They are also relatively simple to set up and use, which makes them ideal for people who are not tech-savvy. Here are some best portable options that are currently available on the market.
1. Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Turntable
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE - This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) suitcase record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY and sits on sound isolating feet that prevent vibration. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office.
- TAKE YOUR TUNES ANYWHERE - Housed in a vintage suitcase with an easy carry handle, Victrola's blend of retro and contemporary design give you the ultimate flexibility to listen to music where you want and how you want – a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS - Stream smartphone audio through the turntable’s built-in Bluetooth speakers. Easily connect external speakers via the stereo RCA outputs, or use the Line input for non-Bluetooth devices like a CD player. For personal listening, connect your headphones to the headphone jack.
The Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Turntable is the perfect way to listen to your favorite records. With its upgraded sound quality and easy portability, this turntable is a great choice for music lovers of all types. The Bluetooth speakers make it easy to stream your music, while the stereo RCA outputs and headphone jack allow you to connect external speakers or headphones for private listening. The vintage suitcase design makes it a great addition to any home décor.
It's easy to carry around and has a great sound quality. This turntable also features a USB port to transfer your vinyl records to your computer easily.
Overall, the Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Turntable is one of the best portable turntables on the market. It's easy to carry around with numerous features and has a superb sound quality.
- Great sound quality
- Vintage suitcase design
- Easy to carry around
- USB port for easy vinyl transfer
- The sound quality is not acceptable.
2. ByronStatics Vinyl Record Player
- You can shut the case and keep the dust out or just snap closed the latch and pick it up like a mini suitcase and take it to someplace else
- The turntable rotates completely flat the needle arm picks up well with the lifter and drops very quietly onto the record No skipping
- Record player have 33 45 78RPM 3 speeds at the end of the tracks it stops the turntable with the needle in the center of the record, Beautiful faux leather case
It's lightweight and comes with a case, so you can easily take it wherever you go. The turntable rotates flat, making it easy to pick up and play your records. Plus, the needle arm picks up well and drops quietly onto the record, so you won't have to worry about skipping. The vinyl player also has a built-in stop function that stops the turntable when the needle reaches the end of the record. Plus, it has an extra needle and 9V 800mA DC adapter, so you can keep playing your records for hours.
This turntable is perfect for anyone who loves vinyl records but doesn't want to lug around a heavy record player. It's also great for people who are always on the go and need a way to listen to their music while traveling. This product has a built-in phono preamp so that you can hook it up to any stereo system or computer. It also has a line output to connect it to headphones or powered speakers. It also comes with a dust cover and a 45-RPM adapter so that you can play all your favorite records. With a one-year warranty, you know it's built to last.
- Lightweight and portable
- It comes with a case
- Turntable rotates flat
- Built-in stop function
- Phono preamp built-in
- Line output
- 1-year warranty
- Pricey as compared to other products
3. Feir Vinyl Record Player
- 【New upgrade for white model - Bluetooth function! ! !】This vinyl record player bluetooth has a portable design, almost as light as a laptop, with a protective cover on the top to prevent dust infection, with a 45 adapter and USB power cable, and a user manual. Need to be plugged in (use 110-220v voltage)
- Vinyl record player bluetooth built-in two external speakers, AUX input, RCA output and headphone jack (the size of the headphone jack is 3.5mm), the turntable player comes with a piezoelectric ceramic cartridge and ruby stylus, (78rpms needle is also compatible for playback) You can also play your favorite music library via a Bluetooth connection
- ( Record players for vinyl with speakers )--3 Speed Record Player (33 1/3, 45, 78 RPM) + 45RPM Adapter]: You will love this belt drive turntable to play all 7"/10"/12" vinyl records
This turntable is almost as light as a laptop and has a protective cover to prevent dust. It also comes with an AUX input, RCA output, and headphone jack (the headphone jack size is 3.5mm), so you can play your favorite music library through a Bluetooth connection. The Feir Vinyl Record Player also has a built-in 45 adapter and 78 RPM needle, making it compatible with all 7″/10″/12″ vinyl records. Plus, the sleek design is perfect for any home décor.
This player is perfect for road trips, camping, or any time you want to take your music with you. It has a built-in speaker, so you can listen to your records without carrying a separate speaker. The player also has a headphone jack so you can listen to your records privately. It runs on batteries or can be plugged into a power outlet. Also, it comes with a carrying case so you can keep it safe while you're traveling. The Feir Vinyl Record Player is the perfect way to enjoy your records wherever you go.
- Built-in speaker
- Headphone jack
- Battery or power outlet operated
- Comes with a carrying case
- No USB port
4. 1 BY ONE High Fidelity Belt Drive Turntable
- Exquisite Appearance: Built from wood and metal materials with a unique sense of layering; The streamlined corner design is truly atmospheric and stylish(Note: long hold the start button to turn the power on, and press again to start)
- All in 1: This turntable spins at both 33 and 45 RPM speeds, the turntable’s speaker can play other devices’ music wirelessly by Bluetooth or using the Aux-in port, and the built-in amplifier allows connection to your own externally-powered speakers
- Magnet-type Cartridge and Adjustable Counterweight: Essentials for any serious classic turntable; These work to balance each channel and produce rich and warm audio, releasing authentic sound so you can find freedom from noise and distortion
The 1 BY ONE High Fidelity Belt Drive Turntable is a beautiful and stylish piece of equipment that is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy classic vinyl records. This turntable has a magnet-type cartridge and adjustable counterweight for superior sound quality, and the built-in amplifier allows you to connect it to your external speakers. The Bluetooth streaming feature makes it easy to play music from all your favorite devices, and the Audio-Technica stylus ensures accurate high-definition sound reproduction.
This turntable features a built-in phono preamp, allowing you to play your vinyl records directly through powered speakers or a stereo receiver. The belt drive design reduces vibration and provides superior sound quality, while the anti-skating control ensures that your records are played without skipping or jumping. The 1 BY ONE High Fidelity Belt Drive Turntable also comes with a dust cover and 45 RPM adapter, making it a complete package for any vinyl lover.
- Superior sound quality
- Built-in amplifier
- Bluetooth streaming
- Phono preamp
- Belt drive design
- Anti-skating control
- Pricey as compared to other products.
5. ByronStatics Record Player
- This Turntable Is Almost As Light As The Small Laptop Pc, Suitcase Design, The Look Is Stylish Yet Rustic, There Is A Cover On The Top To Protect It, So Don'T Worried About The Dust
- Setup And Operation Are Simple Enough For Someone Who Is Just Starting Out With Records, And Having Options For 33, 45, 78Rpm 3 Speeds
- Gently Move The Tone Arm To The Desired Position Over The Record, The Turntable Will Begin To Spin When The Arm Is Moved Toward The Record
This turntable is portable, with a suitcase-style design and a cover to protect it from dust. It's easy to set up and use, with options for 33, 45, or 78rpm speeds. You can play your records through the two small front-facing speakers or connect your phone to play music stored on it. With its vintage design, this turntable is perfect for anyone who loves classic records or wants to add a touch of style to their home.
This turntable is made with high-quality materials and a built-in amplifier and speakers. It also has a USB port so you can connect it to your computer and play your digital music files. The sound quality of the ByronStatics Record Player is impeccable. The highs are clear and crisp, the mids are warm and full, and the lows are deep and powerful. You'll be able to enjoy your music like never before with this amazing turntable.
- Excellent sound quality
- Portable and easy to use
- Vintage design
- USB port for playing digital music files
- Cheap plastic is used in casing
6. Victrola 50's Retro Bluetooth Record Player
- MORE THAN A RECORD PLAYER – With 50s retro looks & modern features, this turntable plays & records your Vinyls to MP3 (Mac/PC software & USB cable included). It has a CD player, AM/FM radio, Bluetooth, Aux & headphone jack, plus stereo speakers
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
The Victrola 50's Retro Bluetooth Record Player is a great choice for anyone who loves vinyl records. With its modern features and stylish retro design, this turntable is perfect for any home. The three-speed belt-driven turntable plays your vinyl at 33 1/3, 45, and 78 rpm, and the upgraded sound quality is ideal for any music lover. The CD player, AM/FM radio, Bluetooth, Aux, and headphone jack make this turntable a great value for any home. The high-quality design and finishing make this a great choice for any home.
It is a great choice for those who want to enjoy their vinyl collection. The player is easy to use and offers excellent sound quality. It also has a built-in preamp so you can connect it to your stereo system.
- Excellent sound quality
- Built-in preamp
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Aux input
- Headphone jack
- No carrying case included
- The turntable may skip on some vinyl records
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Portable Turntable?
While the market for portable turntables has grown exponentially in recent years, there are still a few key factors to consider before making your purchase. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for the best portable record players:
1. Sound Quality
Sound quality is the most important factor when choosing a portable turntable. There are a lot of different factors that contribute to sound quality. For example, the quality of the stylus, the quality of the speakers, and the overall design of the turntable all play a role in determining sound quality.
You should always try to purchase the best quality turntable you can afford. A higher quality turntable will provide better sound quality and last longer than a lower quality model.
Another important factor to consider is portability when choosing the best portable record player. After all, if you're carrying your turntable around, you'll want to make sure it's easy to transport. Look for a lightweight and compact turntable with a carrying case or bag for easy transport. Also, ensure the turntable has a built-in battery so you can use it without being tethered to an outlet.
3. Ease of Use
Ease of use is another key consideration when choosing a portable turntable. You'll want to ensure the turntable is easy to set up and use, with clear instructions. Look for a model with all the necessary accessories, such as a dust cover, slip mat, and stereo RCA cables. Also, consider whether you want a manual or automatic turntable.
Manual turntables require you to manually cue the record and start the playback, while automatic turntables will do all of that for you at the touch of a button. Also, consider whether you want a belt-drive or direct-drive turntable. Belt-drive turntables tend to be quieter and have less vibration, while direct-drive turntables are more durable and offer faster start-up times.
Of course, price is always a consideration when making any purchase. Portable turntables range in price from around $100 to $1000, so there's a model to fit every budget. When considering the price, it's important to remember the features and quality you're getting for your money. A higher-priced turntable usually offers better sound quality and features than a lower-priced model. However, that doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good quality portable turntable. There are plenty of great options available at more affordable prices.
5. USB Port
With the advent of digital technology, more and more turntables are equipped with USB ports. This allows you to connect your turntable directly to your computer and convert your vinyl records into digital files. If you're considering a turntable with a USB port, make sure it's compatible with the software you want to use for conversion. Also, check to see if the turntable comes with any included software. Some models come with free recording software, while others do not.
Last but not least, you'll want to consider the overall design of the turntable. Portable turntables come in a wide range of styles, from sleek and modern to retro and vintage-inspired. Choose a style that fits your personality and décor. Also, consider the size of the turntable. If you're planning on transporting your turntable frequently, you'll want to ensure it's small enough to fit easily into your car or suitcase.
What Is The Difference Between A Turntable And A Record Player?
Turntables and record players are quite similar. Both devices spin a vinyl record at a specific speed, allowing a needle to read the grooves and produce sound. The main difference between turntables and record players is that turntables are designed for more serious audiophiles. They offer superior sound quality and features that make them ideal for use in a home stereo system. Record players, on the other hand, are designed for casual listening. They're usually portable and less expensive than turntables, making them a good choice for people who want to listen to vinyl records without investing in a high-end stereo system.
Is It Worth Getting A Turntable?
If you're passionate about music, the answer is most likely yes. There's something special about vinyl records that can't be replicated with digital music. The tangible feeling of holding a record and the artwork that comes with it is part of the experience. Plus, the sound quality of vinyl tends to be superior to MP3s.
Why Does Vinyl Sound So Much Better?
This is a matter of opinion, but many believe that vinyl records sound better than digital music files. Vinyl records are analog, meaning that the soundwave is a continuous wave rather than digital, a series of 1s and 0s. This gives vinyl a more natural sound.
The sound on a vinyl record is cut into the record's grooves. This can result in a warmer, more dynamic sound on vinyl.
Why Does My Vinyl Skip?
There are a few reasons why your vinyl might skip. If the record is dirty or scratched, that can cause the needle to jump. Also, if your turntable isn't properly calibrated, that can lead to skipping. Finally, if you're using a lower-quality needle, that could also be the culprit. Cleaning your records and ensuring your turntable is set up correctly can help reduce skipping.
If you're looking for a portable turntable you can take with you on the go, then one of these six options might be the perfect fit. Whether you're looking for something simple and easy to use or has all the bells and whistles, there's sure to be an option on this list that's perfect for you. So, what are you waiting for? Start shopping today and find the perfect portable turntable for your needs!
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.