With the weather getting warmer, now is the perfect time to hit the open road on your motorcycle. And what better way to enjoy the ride than by listening to your favorite tunes? But not just any speakers will do – you need ones designed specifically for motorcycles.
It is because regular speakers can’t withstand the elements like rain, wind, and dust accompanying motorcycle riding. Not to mention, they also need to be able to handle the vibration from the engine.
This blog post will recommend 5 of the best motorcycle speakers on the market. We'll also talk about what you should look for in a good pair of motorcycle speakers. Let's get started.
Best Motorcycle Speakers
If you’re in the market for some new motorcycle speakers, here are 5 of the best options available:
1. BOSS Audio Systems MCBK420B
- BLUETOOTH: Play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly
- AMPLIFIER: A Bluetooth, compact, weatherproof, class D amplifier is included
- WEATHERPROOF: The MCBK420B has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements
The BOSS Audio Systems MCBK420B lets you play and control a huge range of music using your smartphone or MP3 player, as well as apps like Spotify and Pandora. It comes with a Bluetooth-enabled, weatherproof class D amplifier, plus two 3-inch full-range speakers in matte black. You can also connect it to other devices using the 3.5 mm auxiliary input. The volume control is inline and can be placed wherever you want. Professional installation is recommended for safety purposes.
These speakers produce a peak power of 400 watts and an RMS power of 200. They have a frequency response of 80 Hz to 18 kHz and a sensitivity of 89 dB. These speakers come with all the necessary hardware for installation, so you can get them set up and start enjoying your music as soon as possible. The included brackets make it easy to install the speakers on your motorcycle's handlebars.
- Class D amplifier
- Matte black finish
- Inline volume control
- 400 watts peak power and 200 watts RMS power
- The audio quality is not as good it has been reported by some
2. Kuryakyn 2720
- Universal articulating mounting clamps fit virtually any bars between 7/8" and 1-1/2", brackets are patent pending; Watch install video for in depth installation instructions
- Internal 4-channel amp powers two 2" x 3" full-range speakers with dual voice coils; Four high-frequency 1" silk dome tweeters with N42 grade magnets for powerful distortion-free sound at any volume level
- 4.1 Bluetooth receiver allows wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or music device; Auxiliary input and output ports connect standard devices via 3.5 mm cable
The Kuryakyn 2720 motorcycle speakers are some of the best on the market. They have a universal mounting system that will fit most bars between 7/8″ and 1-1/2″, and the brackets are patent pending. The internal 4-channel amplifier powers two 2″ x 3″ full-range speakers with dual voice coils, and there are four high-frequency 1″ silk dome tweeters with N42 grade magnets for powerful, distortion-free sound at any volume level.
The 4.1 Bluetooth receiver allows wireless connectivity to any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or music device. Auxiliary input and output ports connect standard devices via a 3.5 mm cable. The housing is IP66-rated and weather-resistant, with a built-in heat sink and self-protection circuit to combat excessive heat and over/under voltage regulation. They offer high-quality sound and are durable enough to withstand the elements. If you're looking for a great set of motorcycle speakers, then Kuryakyn 2720 should be in your list to consider.
- Universal mounting system
- 4-channel amplifier powers
- Four high-frequency magnets for powerful, distortion-free sound
- Auxiliary input and output ports
- IP66-rated and weather-resistant housing
- Some issues with the Bluetooth connection
3. BOSS Audio Systems MCBK425BA
- BLUETOOTH: Play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly.
- SPEAKERS: The two 3-inch chrome full range speakers are powered by a built-in amplifier. The adjustable brackets will fit handlebars ranging from .75” to 1.25”
- MEDIA PLAYBACK: A 3.5 mm Auxiliary input is compatible with audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players.
The BOSS Audio Systems MCBK425BA allows you to play and control a large music library using your smartphone or MP3 player. Built-in amplifier powers the two 3-inch chrome full-range speakers, and the adjustable brackets will fit handlebars ranging from .75″ to 1.25″. A 3.5 mm Auxiliary input is compatible with the audio outputs of smartphones and MP3 players, and convenient inline volume control ensures that when the need hits, so will your tunes will do so. This product also comes with a powerful 3-year warranty.
These speakers are weatherproof and designed to withstand the elements, making them ideal for use on your motorcycle. They also produce excellent sound quality to enjoy your music while on the road. These speakers are also easy to install, so you can get them set up and ready to go in no time.
- Excellent sound quality
- Weatherproof and durable
- Easy to install
- Pricey as compared to other products
4. BOSS Audio Systems MC720B
- Weatherproof - The MCBK420B has been outfitted with the latest weatherproofing techniques for protection against the elements. The IPX5 rating makes sure of that!
- Bluetooth - Play and control a vast library of your favorite music using your smartphone or MP3 device, plus plug into apps like Spotify and Pandora wirelessly. All possible via the 2 channel Bluetooth amplifier
- Auxiliary In – A 3.5 mm Aux-in is compatible with the audio output from smartphones as well as MP3 players. Just plug in and start playing
This Bluetooth-enabled sound system lets you wirelessly play and control your music, plus access apps like Spotify and Pandora. The included amplifier and speakers provide high-quality sound, while the volume control lets you adjust the level to suit your needs. Plus, the weatherproof design means you don't have to worry about the elements ruining your fun. Best of all, it comes with a powerful 3-year warranty.
It has a weatherproof design that makes it ideal for use in any weather. The speaker also has a built-in amplifier that provides clear and loud sound. It also has a remote control to adjust the volume and change the songs easily.
- It is weatherproof
- It has a built-in amplifier
- It comes with a remote control
- The sound quality is as good as others
5. GoHawk TJ4-Q 1000W
- GoHawk 1000W Amplifier 4 Channel 4” Full Range Motorcycle ATV UTV Stereo Speakers with High-Performance Bass. Included New X-Large Mounting Clamp supports 1 to 1.5" bar size. Compatible with Ape Hanger and crash bar with 1-1/2" bar diameter.
- Full Function Wired Control: Connect to "RE" jack to start using the wired control. To Turn On & Off, Change Track, Adjust the Volume right from the little control. 3.5mm Audio Jack AUX IN Available. Support USB and SD Card MP3 files. FM Radio. LCD Display. Matte Black Stereo Unit Built with High-Quality Aluminum Material. Perfect for Harley Motorcycle Touring Cruiser Can-Am ATV UTV RZR Polaris 4 Wheeler Electric Bike Marine Boat
- 4" Chrome Finished Speaker Housing. Waterproof Design. Built with High-Quality ABS Material. 70" Long Speaker Cable with Standard RCA Male Connector(Can be extended, Search for RCA Extension, Sold Separately).
It includes a new, larger mounting clamp compatible with ape hangers and crash bars with a 1-1/2″ diameter. The speaker also has a wired controller that allows you to turn it on and off, change tracks, and adjust the volume. Additionally, it features Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology so that you can stream music and radio channels from your smartphone. The GoHawk TJ4-Q 1000W's superior sound quality and easy installation make it the perfect choice for anyone looking for a great motorcycle speaker.
They offer superior sound quality, durability, and easy installation, making them perfect for any rider. These motorcycle speakers offer the best sound quality available. They are made with durable materials that can withstand the elements, and their easy installation makes them perfect for any rider. Their durability ensures they will last for many years, and their easy installation makes them a great choice for any rider.
- Superior sound quality
- Easy to install
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Motorcycle Speakers?
While you might be inclined to choose the first motorcycle speakers you come across, it is important to take some time to consider all of your options before making a purchase. This will ensure that you have a pair of speakers well suited to your specific needs and preferences. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you shop for motorcycle speakers:
1. Sound Quality Is Paramount
When choosing motorcycle speakers, sound quality should be your top priority. Be sure to listen to each option you are considering before making a decision. Pay attention to both the highs and lows of the sound, as well as the overall clarity.
Also, consider how loud the speakers are. You will want to be able to hear your music even while riding at high speeds.
2. Ease of Installation
Another important consideration is how easy it will be to install your new speakers. If you are not mechanically inclined, choose a pair that can be easily installed by following simple instructions. Additionally, ensure that the motorcycle speakers you select are compatible with your bike’s sound system. A professional installation is always an option, but it can be expensive.
Another key factor to consider is how well the speakers will withstand exposure to the elements. If you live in a wet climate or plan on riding in inclement weather, choose a pair of waterproof or weatherproof speakers. This will help ensure that your speakers last for many years.
Also, dust resistance is another consideration if you do a lot of off-roading. Choosing a pair of speakers that can stand up to the rigors of your riding conditions is important.
4. Consider Your Budget
Of course, you will also need to consider your budget when selecting a motorcycle speaker system. There are many high-quality options available at a variety of price points. Set a budget before beginning your search to narrow your choices and find the perfect pair of speakers for your needs and budget.
5. Choose a Style That Suits You
Select a style of speaker that fits your personality and the look of your bike. Many different styles are available on the market, so take some time to browse until you find a pair you love. For example, choose black motorcycle speakers if you want a sleek and stealthy look.
Also, remember that the speaker's size will impact both the sound quality and the look of your bike. You can look for other features like handlebar speakers, FM radio, Bluetooth connectivity, availability of mounting hardware, and more.
6. Amplifier Powers
If you want powerful sound, choose speakers with a built-in amplifier. However, remember that amplifiers can add weight and bulk to your speakers. Additionally, it can be more difficult to install them separately. They are, however, worth the effort if you are looking for top-quality sound.
7. Easy to Use Controls
Select a pair of speakers with easy-to-use controls. This will help you adjust the volume and change songs without taking your eyes off the road. If you plan on using your phone to control your music, choose a pair of Bluetooth speakers. These allow you to wirelessly control your music from your phone or another compatible device. Also, check for remote volume control of the Bluetooth device.
Keep these things in mind as you shop for motorcycle speakers, and you will surely find the perfect pair for your needs. You can find high-quality speakers that will provide years of enjoyment with a little research.
How Many Watts Should Motorcycle Speakers Be?
The size of the speaker will dictate how much power it can handle, so be sure to check the specifications before making your purchase. Generally speaking, most motorcycle speakers should be able to handle at least 50 watts of power. Also, the larger the speaker, the louder it will be able to play.
Where Should I Mount My Motorcycle Speakers?
There are a few things to consider when deciding where to mount your motorcycle speakers. Ensure that they're mounted in a location that won't interfere with your field of vision while you're riding and won't be in the way of any controls on your motorcycle. Also, check that the speakers are securely mounted, so they don't come loose while you're riding. You don't want them falling off and getting damaged.
Do I Need An Amp For Motorcycle Speakers?
If you want to get the most out of your motorcycle speakers, you'll need an amplifier. The amplifier will provide the power needed to make the speakers sing. Without an amplifier, the sound quality will be significantly reduced. Look for models with built-in amplifiers for the easiest installation.
What Type Of Speakers Are Best For A Motorcycle?
A few different types of speakers can be used on a motorcycle. The most popular type is the full-range speaker, which can reproduce the entire frequency range. These speakers are generally the best choice for motorcycles because they provide good sound quality at a reasonable price.
How Do I Install Motorcycle Speakers?
Installing motorcycle speakers is generally a pretty easy process. However, it's always best to consult the owner's manual for your specific motorcycle to be sure you're doing it correctly. In most cases, you'll just need to mount the speakers in the desired location and wire them to the motorcycle's electrical system.
Enjoying music on a motorcycle ride can enhance the experience ten-fold. Motorcycle speakers are an easy way to add this convenience, and with so many great options on the market, there is sure to be a perfect set of speakers for every rider and bike. We hope our list of the five best motorcycle speakers has helped you narrow your search for the perfect set.
No matter what music you prefer or how loud you like to ride, there is a great set of motorcycle speakers. So hit the open road and enjoy the music.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.