Usually, when we go on a camping trip, we don't really think about the kind of chair we bring. We just grab whatever is available or whatever is the most convenient.
However, if you're going to be spending a lot of time sitting around the campfire or doing other activities, you might want to invest in a good camp chair.
However, considering all this, how do you choose the best camp chair? In this article, we'll go over some of the things you should look for when choosing a camp chair and some of the best options on the market.
Best Camp Chair for the Money
1. Cliq Camp Chair
- Bottle sized outdoor chairs for anywhere: The Cliq foldable chair is almost the size of your drink bottle, making them great folding chairs for outside, as you can take them anywhere conveniently.
- Outdoor chair ready in 5 seconds: Our outdoor chair is not only compact, but it can set up in five seconds. Our tip-proof foldable chair keeps you stable in all environments.
- Built for anywhere: Cliq's foldable chair is super versatile and perfect for all outdoor adventures, or somewhere simple like your lawn. The lawn chair is an essential to add to your outdoor accessories.
Looking for a versatile, foldable chair that you can take on all your outdoor adventures? This essential outdoor equipment is perfect for picnics, days at the beach, or simply lounging in your own backyard.
The Cliq foldable chair is about the same size as your drink bottle, making them ideal folding chairs for use outside since they may be carried anywhere easily. This outdoor chair not only packs down small but can also be set up in under five seconds. The tip-proof foldable chair keeps you steady in all types of weather and on all types of terrain. When not in use, the drink holder and mesh pocket keep your belongings within reach.
- Weighing only 3.5 pounds
- Supports 300 pounds
- Suitable for any occasion
- Some people might find the fabric a bit flimsy
2. Coleman Camping Chair with Built-in 4 Can Cooler
- Built-in cooler: Keeps up to 4 cans cold and easily accessible
- Hours of comfort: Thanks to fully cushioned seat and back
- Convenient features: Side pockets, mesh cup holder, adjustable arm heights
This budget camping chair from Coleman is perfect for those who like to keep their beverages close by. The cooler built into the armrest can hold up to four cans and is insulated to keep them cold. The mesh cup holder also keeps your drink within easy reach.
The chair is made from durable polyester and can support up to 250 pounds. It also has a padded seat and back for added comfort. When not in use, the chair can be folded up and stored in the included carry bag.
- 24 inches seat
- Padded seat and back
- Strong steel frame
- The chair is a bit on the heavy side
3. Kijaro Dual Lock Portable Camping and Sports Chair
- -This portable Dual Lock chair gives you a premium seating experience with no-sag seating, durable diamond ripstop polyester, and breathable mesh on seat back
- -The Dual Lock chair is perfect to take with you whether you are tailgating, camping, or watching your favorite sports teams
- -Includes: 2 cup holders, organizer with zip & mesh pockets, carry strap attached to chair, and carry bag
The Kijaro Dual Lock chair is perfect for any outdoor occasion, from soccer games and tailgating to watching fireworks. The padded seat and headrest will keep you comfortable, while the easily accessible design ensures that you always have a great seat.
The chair also features two cup holders and an organizer with zipping pockets to keep your belongings within reach.
Available in several different colors, the Kijaro Dual Lock chair is a great option for those who are looking for a portable and stylish camp chair.
- Extra stability
- It supports up to 300 pounds
- Dual Lock chair
- Some people might find the weight a bit heavy -9.4 pounds
4. OneTigris Camping Backpacking Chair (330 Lbs Capacity)
- Material-Brown Version: OneTigris backpacking chair is made of 7075 aluminum alloy frame and heavy duty 600D polyester of durability and dirt/water/scratch resistance; Weighs only 2.4lb (1.1kg), up to 330.6lb (150kg) weight capacity.
- Sturdy & Durable Design: Featuring a lightweight yet sturdy construction, this camping backpacking chair is built with high strength aluminum alloy 7075, corrosion-resistant, and oxidation resistance. Double barred structure strengthens stability with high level comfort, perfect for anglers, campers and hikers.
- Easy to Setup: Weighs only 2.4lb (1.1kg). This backpacking chair features a foldable frame with detachable fabric for convenient storage and transportation. Easy to piece together, easy to dismantle for storage, and highly lightweight for efficient carry.
This camping chair from OneTigris is perfect for those looking for a lightweight and portable option. The chair weighs only 2.4 pounds and can be easily carried in the included stuff sack.
The chair is made from durable Ripstop fabric and can support up to 330 pounds. The seat is also padded for added comfort.
This bit of equipment, which is both simple and inexpensive, will give pleasure, convenience, and excellent taste when you're out enjoying the outdoors
- Made of 7075 aluminum alloy frame
- Versatile use
- Easy to setup
- Lightweight yet sturdy
5. Kelty Loveseat Camping Chair
- BUILT FOR PLAY: (Updated 2019 Model) Binge watch the outdoors and chill. Cuddling up around the campfire has never been so easy. Built for 2 with adjustable arms and dual beverage holders make this chair perfect for an outdoor cuddle puddle.
- FEATURES: 2 insulated & adjustable beverage holders, Durable steel frame construction with adjustable arm rests, Adjustable, multi-position recliner, Padded roll-tote storage for take-anywhere convenience
- CAPACITY: Weight Capacity – 500 lbs.
This camping chair from Kelty is perfect for couples or those who want a little extra space. The loveseat design offers plenty of room to cuddle up or spread out. The chair also features two cup holders and a storage pocket for your belongings.
Cushioned, insulated 600D weight polyester fabric offers 42 inches of practically indestructible seating space. The heavy-duty steel frame can support up to 500 pounds.
- Insulated beverage holders
- 500 lbs weight capacity
- Durable steel frame
- Adjustable armrests
- A bit pricey
6. ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camp Chair
- 🍸 【Large Size】 Size is 37" x 22" x 40.1", Back height is 23.62", Large seat area and lumbar support system provide luxurious comfort
- 🍗 【Maximum Loading Capacity】With a powder coated steel frame and 600D padded oxford fabric make it can support up to 350 lbs and you're guaranteed a long lasting chair to enjoy outdoors all year
- 💎 【Extra Storage Spaces】 Durable mesh cup holder and armrest at the perfect height allows you to relax in comfort. side/back stash pocket and side storage pocket with a zip holds cell phone, notebook and maps
The ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camp Chair is a new standard for camp chairs, perfect for those who want a luxury experience. The chair features a padded headrest and seat, an adjustable footrest, and a non-slip mat on the footpads.
The chair is also made from durable 600D Oxford fabric and can support up to 350 lbs. With a durable mesh cup holder and armrest positioned comfortably, you can relax easily. The side/back pocket is perfect for holding your cell phone, notebook or maps, while the side storage pocket features a zip closure to keep items secure.
- Powder-coated steel frame
- 2 cup holders
- Less weight support
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Camp Chair?
When choosing the best camp chair for you, there are a few things to consider. Here are a few of the most important factors:
Our first priority when traveling is always to save space and weight. A good camp chair should be lightweight, so it doesn't take up too much room in your car or add too much weight to your backpack straps. It'll be helpful if the chair comes with a carrying bag, so you can easily transport it from your car to your campsite.
How much your chair can hold is also an important consideration. If you're on the larger side, or you plan on using your chair for other activities like fishing or hunting, you'll want to make sure the chair can hold your weight without breaking. Most camp chairs have a weight capacity of around 250 pounds.
Of course, you'll also want to make sure your chair is comfortable. Look for a chair with a padded seat and backrest and armrests that let you rest your arms. You may also want to consider a reclining chair to kick back and relax after a long day of hiking.
When you're camping, you'll likely be doing a lot of walking. That's why it's important to choose a chair that's easy to carry. A folding chair is a good option, as you can easily pack and carry it with you.
This is an optional feature, but it can be a nice bonus if your chair has built-in cup holders. This way, you can enjoy a cold drink or coffee while relaxing in your chair.
The material of your chair is also important to consider. These are typically made from either aluminum or steel. Aluminum is the lighter of the two materials, so it's a good choice if you want to save weight. Steel is more durable, so it's a good option if you use your chair for multiple activities.
Not only frame material matters, but also the material of the seat and backrest. Mesh fabric seat is a good choice as it's breathable and comfortable. Polyester fabric, closed-cell foam padding, or coated rip-step nylon are also good options as they're durable and comfortable.
Who doesn't love a good deal? When choosing your camp chair, compare prices to get the best value for your money. However, don't sacrifice quality for the price. Be sure to choose a well-made chair that will last you for many camping trips.
Usually, the best camp chairs are a bit more expensive. But, they're worth the investment as they'll last you for many years. If you take care of your chair, it can easily last for 10 years or more.
Ease of Setup
When you're at your campsite, you won't like to spend much time setting up your chair. That's why choosing a chair that's easy to set up is essential. Look for a chair that can quickly unfold and set up in just a few seconds. This way, you can spend more time enjoying the great outdoors.
Around the campfire should be a relaxing experience. That means you won't have to worry about falling out of your seat (especially if you've had a few campfire cocktails) or the chair collapsing when you move to exit it. Extra stability can be attained with a broader leg foundation, but this comes at the expense of weight and pack size.
What is the difference between a beach chair and a camping chair?
Beach chairs are typically lightweight and easy to carry. They're also usually made from mesh or fabric, so they're breathable and comfortable in warm weather. On the other hand, the best camping chairs are typically made from aluminum or steel. They're also usually more durable so that they can withstand more wear and tear.
Can I put a chair in a tent?
Yes, you can put a chair in a tent. However, this is not recommended as it can damage the floor of your tent.
How do I clean my camp chair?
To clean your camp chair, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth. You can also use soap and water if necessary.
Are there any special features I should look for in a camp chair?
Yes, there are some special features that you may want to look for in a camp chair. These include cup holders, a reclining feature, and a carry bag.
How much weight can a camp chair hold?
Most camp chairs can hold up to 250 pounds.
Can camping chairs get wet?
Yes, camping chairs can get wet. However, they should not be left out in the excessive sun or rain as this can damage the chair.
Whatever you need a camp chair for, be it for camping, fishing, picnicking, or simply relaxing in your backyard- there's sure to be one perfect for you. Be sure to consider the important factors, such as weight, material, price, and ease of setup. With so many different options on the market, you're sure to find the classic camp chair for your needs.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.