Are you getting Spotify Error Code 18? Often times if you are you'll get the message “The installer is unable to install Spotify because the files to write are in use by another process. Please make sure Spotify is not running and retry.”
To fix Spotify Error Code 18, here's a list of things to try:
- Remove all traces of Spotify (even check your App Data to make sure everything is gone).
- Remove Comodo Firewall and Antivirus
- Reboot Your Computer
- Install Comodo
- Re-install Spotify
Windows 8 Users
If you're a Windows 8 users, you can also try this step if the prior solution did not work for you.
- Go to ‘Start'
- Locate Apps and Search msconfig
- Click on msconfig
- Go to the services tab
- Click disable all
- Restart your computer when it tells you to
- The internet will not work when you turn your computer back on
- Repeat steps 1-4 and click “enable all”
- Restart your computer again
- Reinstall Spotify
While this has worked for many users, this may not work for everyone. Please reach out to Spotify for any other questions.
Also Read: How to Copy and Paste in Windows or Mac