Poljud – A 24-year-old man has died of asphyxiation after swallowing a bag of marijuana.
Split-Dalmatia County Police have reported that a man died near Poljud Stadium. The report states that police officers approached the man at around 8:30 pm. The man was suspected of drug possession and when the police approached him, the man started to run. Despite police quickly catching up to him and handcuffing him, the man managed to swallow a plastic bag filled with marijuana. On the way to the police station, the man grew sick. The report states that one of the policeman tried to help him, while the other called for medical assistance.
When they got to the hospital, the 24-year-old passed away. As a result of the man swallowing the bag, the bag apparently got stuck in his windpipe and could not be removed until reaching the hospital.
Source: Total Croatia News