If you have not yet gotten a little overwhelmed by the number of yearend lists coming out as 2018 wraps up, then good for you. Here's another one. Shazam has revealed the most searched for songs of 2018, and the results were a tad surprising.
Overall electronic dance music came out on top, as the genre includes the most Shazamed song overall as well as 5 out of the top 10 tracks. So what were the tracks that people who working overtime to identify in 2018? Let's take a look.
The Most Shazamed Songs Of 2018
Demi Lovato and Clean Bandit have topped this year's list of the most Shazamed songs of 2018. Calvin Harris and his megahit ‘One Kiss' alongside Dua Lipa took the number spot, followed closely by Dynoro's dreamy rework – ‘In My Mind'.
Overall the most searched tracks of 2018 demonstrate once again that electronic music is merging with the mainstream consciousness. Check out the full list below.
1. “Solo”, Clean Bandit Feat. Demi Lovato
2. “X”, Nicky Jam & J Balvin
3. “One Kiss”, Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa
4. “In My Mind”, Dynoro & Gigi D’Agostino
5. “Perfect”, Ed Sheeran
6. “Leave A Light On”, Tom Walker
7. “Girls Like You”, Maroon 5 Feat. Cardi B
8. “Friends”, Marshmello & Anne-Marie
9. “Flames”, David Guetta & Sia
10. “I Like It”, Cardi B & Bad Bunny & J Balvin