Fans of big room house trio Futuristic Polar Bears have been patiently waiting since Tomorrowland 2017 for one of the trio’s most massive ID's, and now it has finally arrived with the release of ‘Aventus’. Fresh off the heels of their mammoth collaboration alongside Olly James and MATTN, the British super group is ringing in the fall season the only way they know how through BlasterJaxx’s Maxximize Records.
We got the chance to talk to the trio about the new release, upcoming collabs, the future of EDM & more in an exclusive interview you can check out below!
Futuristic Polar Bears – Aventus – EDM Sauce Interview
1. We spoke with you guys back in 2014 so it’s great to finally talk again. How have things been going for you this festival season?
Hey its great to chat to you guys again! The summer has been amazing with some amazing shows in Asia and Europe as well as 1 release on Spinnin, 2 on Smash The House, launching our own label call CMMD Records & Aventus finally dropping on Maxximize.
2. You just released your massive single ‘Aventus’ that we’ve been dying for since last year’s Tomorrowland. What can you tell us about that single?
Yeah Aventus is a special record and its amazing to finally sign one with the Blasterjaxx. We’ve looked up to them for so long and to be finally on the label is a real bucket list tick for us. Aventus is a great big room and festival record, everytime we play it the crowd reaction is insane.
3. Earlier this summer you premiered your new CMMD Records imprint so can you talk more on how that came about and your plans for it going forward?
We wanted to release music we love to play and make without any guidelines or rules. Its going to be festival and big room music that hopefully our fans and everyone will enjoy. We’ve got some amazing releases in the pipeline too including some friends of ours joining us for some cool collabs.
4. You’ve had plenty of incredible collaborations this year so are there any others on the horizon that we should know about?
Haha yes there’s a few more. Expect some new stuff coming from alongside Wolfpack, Diego Miranda, Kevu & Luca Tesla as well as a huge one we can’t say too much about just yet, but its really exciting.
5. What are your thoughts on the current EDM scene and what do you think is the next big genre to blow up?
Its funny everybody says big room is going away but it keeps evolving into something bigger and better. We think the next big genre is progressive house again as that seems to be coming back strong and we’re really excited about it. That style of music is incredible and it most definitely isn’t going away.
6. Who are some of your favorite up and coming producers at the moment that people should keep an eye on?
Luca Tesla is awesome so definitely keep your eye on him as well as 22 Bullets, Olly James and Maddix. All their productions at the minute are epic and we look forward to receiving their promos.
7. We know that Hardwell played a big role in your career early on and he just announced his hiatus to focus on his health so what advice would you give for artists as you try and strive that balance between touring and personal life?
Its easy to get wrapped up in the lifestyle of fancy hotels, travel and partying every night but its important to keep a healthy work, life balance. We always say the best way to keep travelling and keeping healthy is to not party, sleep when you can, eat well, try and keep fit as much as you can and not to drink when you are on tour. Save the partying to friends and family when you are home which you have to appreciate is really hard to do when you are playing incredible events all over the world but without your health you have nothing.
FUTURISTIC POLAR BEARS