Tom Swoon is a Polish DJ, producer, remixer and creator of the brand new Tape Me Radio, which is his weekly 60 minute broadcast that can be heard around the world. Swoon will be touring over the next few months and always is working on new music. His latest hit “Atom” has garnered millions of listens and streams as well as countless support by DJ's in their sets all over the world. We got to catch up with Tom, as well as get an exclusive mix. Check them both out below and follow Tom Swoon on all his socials and his website www.tomswoon.com
What/Who got you into the Electronic Dance Music scene?
– It all started for me with the music from Deadmau5 and Daft Punk!
What is one of your most memorable moments looking back at your career?
– I think it was the first time I got to play at a big festival in my home country Poland. For me it was a big deal to finally get noticed on a home turf and perform in front of a huge crowd so close to a place where I actually was born!
You've recently changed the name of your radio show from ‘Lift Off' to ‘Tape Me Radio' what was behind the name switch?
– I felt that the Lift Off branding got really outdated and not really fitting my musical spectrum anymore. With that in mind and a new “Tape” concept I've been working on, the decision to switch the name of the show itself too came very naturally.
What can your fans expect from you this summer?
– There's a lot exciting projects I've been working for over a year now, and I really hope that I'll get to share some of them with you this summer. These things take time, because they are more than just another EDM tracks. Definitely worth the wait though 🙂
If you could play any venue b2b with any DJ where/who would you choose?
– Not wanna sound selfish, but the only DJ I could trust behind the decks and know exactly his work is… myself! Therefore, I'd definitely wanna clone myself and put out a show twice as bigger and twice as better. Venue? For a club, I'd say Ministry Of Sound, London – this place has some kind of magic, and I love coming back there every now and then.
Favorite home cooked meal?
Favorite junk food?
– Burger King is my biggest guilty pleasure in that field. Either a Whopper or Xtra Long Chili Cheese
Follow Tom On Socials