This past Friday club Colectiv in Bucharest, the Romanian capital made headlines as flames erupted inside the club during a heavy metal show causing a rush of people trying to flee the club Colectiv. The fire was allegedly caused by fireworks which went off during the concert. Approximately, 155 people many of whom were teenagers and young adults have been treated in hospitals in the Romanian capital and 27 people have been pronounced dead. The fire is believed to be caused by the fire igniting polystyrene decor according to witness reports.
Romania's President Klaus Iohannis addressed the tragedy on his Facebook page stating he was “deeply grieved by the tragic events that happened this evening in downtown. It is a very sad day for all of us, for our nation and for me personally.”
Markus Schulz also addressed this terrible tragedy by taking to his Facebook page to express his thoughts on the unfortunate event and send his wishes and love to those who have been affected. He has now also decided to ban all pyrotechnics at his clubs and encourages promoters, club owners and other artists to do the same. Below is his official statement:
On behalf of EDMSauce, I would also like to wish those who have been deeply affected by the fire to have strength and heal in this emotional and devastating time. We are with you.