Here at EDM Sauce, we all have different views on which artists we think deserve the Top DJ spot in this year's showdown. Here is Courtney's views on who she thinks should win.
Courtney O's Top 5 Picks
1. Hardwell – He has killed it at every festival this year and is one of the most talked about DJ’s with his high energy sets. He has released massive hits this year including: ‘Apollo', ‘Never Say Goodbye', and most recently ‘Jumper'. Lets not forget that he is only 25 years old. The Hardwell on Air Radio show is a great place to hear him premiere new tracks of his own as well as new artist on Revealed Records. I think its his time.
2. Avicii – Hate it or love it, his first single off his new album ‘Wake me up’ has had huge success and despite criticism I’m sure his album will too. The success of his album moves him up a spot from last year.
3. Tiesto – Still one of the best DJ’s in the world and the Highest Paid DJ of 2013 but I would move him down a spot to make room for the young guns. He still manages to release huge hits and great remixes. His Club Life Vol. 3 Stockholm has had huge success in the U.S. debuting at #16 on the Billboard Top 200 charts.
4. David Guetta – There is always some controversy surrounding Guetta, despite all of this, I would leave him at #4. 2011 and 2012 were his years, but I still think the spill from his album ‘Nothing but the Beat’ over into 2013 keeps him at the same spot from 2012. ‘Aint a party’ and ‘Play Hard’ are two huge releases from him this year.
5. Calvin Harris – He released his latest album ‘18months’, which went Gold in the U.K., back in October of 2012. The airplay for him hasn’t stopped with singles ‘Sweet Nothing’ and ‘I Need Your Love’ blowing up on the radio. This is only the start for Calvin Harris. I am surprised he was only at #31 in last years rankings. His tracks are more radio friendly as opposed to someone like Hardwell, similar to a David Guetta.
Also make sure to check out who our other Managing Editor is voting for here.