Calvin Harris is a Scottish singer, songwriter, record producer, and DJ. For years, Calvin Harris has reached the top of Forbes’s list for the highest-paid DJ of the year. So when it comes to Calvin Harris’ gear and equipment, you’d expect that he uses quality keyboards, synthesizers, DJ decks, guitars, microphones, headphones, and more. So if you have been asking yourself what kind of equipment Calvin Harris uses, you’ll soon find out everything.
Pioneer Pro DJ HDJ-2000MK2-S DJ Headphone
- Sound isolation Maximum comfort Rotatable housing Solid build to withstand rigors of professional use
- Maximum comfort
- Rotatable housing
- Solid build to withstand rigors of professional use
SOL REPUBLIC Master Tracks XC
- X3 sound engine speakers deliver powerful bass, clear highs and supreme vocal accuracy. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- 3-button mic + music control
- Virtually indestructible FlexTech Sound Track headband has a 1,000 day guarantee
- Compatible with REMIX collection of headbands
- Compatible with most Apple, Android and Windows devices that uses a 3.5mm jack
Sennheiser HD25-1 II
- High sensitivity due to lightweight aluminium voice coils
- Capable of handling very high sound pressure levels
- Very lightweight and comfortable, even if used for long periods of time
- Tough, detachable, single-sided cable
- Rotatable capsule for single-ear listening
Laptop and Computer
What kind of Laptop and computer does Calvin Harris use?
Apple 15″ MacBook Pro
- 9th-generation 8-Core Intel Core i9 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Radeon Pro 560x Graphics with 4GB of video Memory
- Ultrafast SSD
VST and Software Plugins
What DAW and software plugins does Calvin Harris use?
Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate Crossgrade
Calvin Harris had tweeted a picture of him using Native Instruments KOMPLETE 9, so it’s safe to assume that Calvin Harris working with KOMPLETE 10.
- 75 products in total, with over 440 GB of samples
- Over 17,000 sounds covering a full range of styles from electronic to cinematic to sound design
- Includes the expressive ROUNDS synth and the drum designer POLYPLEX
- Comprehensive range of production tools, featuring KINETIC METAL, ACTION STRINGS, and RISE&HIT
- Outstanding collection of KOMPLETE Effects, including the stunning MOLEKULAR and SUPERCHARGER GT
What DJ setup does Calvin Harris use?
Pioneer DJ CDJ-2000NXS2 Professional Multi Player
- ★ Updated and upgraded to handle the demands of top professional DJs, Pioneer DJ's CDJ-2000NXS2 digital media deck delivers top-of-the-line sound quality, impressive track manipulation, and comprehensive file-format handling. Including with Zorro Polishing Cloth
- ★ A large 7" multicolor touchscreen provides you with critical information, including Wave Zoom, Needle Countdown, Phase Meter, and more, while a QWERTY keyboard and search filters make browsing for tracks phenomenally fast. Thanks to total rekordbox integration, you can easily set up beat-perfect cueing and looping, and eight hot cue points make performing with the CDJ-2000NXS2 amazingly fun.
- ★ Pioneer DJ's CDJ-2000NXS2 delivers the hands-on control Professional DJs need. In addition to the extremely sharp touchscreen, a few of the enhancements we like the most about the CDJ-2000NXS2 include its two banks of four hot cues, which you can color code in rekordbox, and the 3-way direction control, which lets you drop into Slip Reverse or Reverse mode instantly.
- ★ Great DJ performances involve a fine balance between planning and improvisation, and between the power of Pioneer's CDJ-2000NXS2 and their rekordbox software, you've got all the tools you need. Thanks to rekordbox, setting up beat grids, mapping out color-coded hot cue points, adding tags to tracks, and setting up entire playlists is a snap. You can access all of this via the CDJ-2000NXS2's 7" touchscreen, which displays dynamic waveforms and real-time track data.
- ★ You can even connect your iOS device and run the rekordbox app to load up a set you put together on your way to the show. Speaking of rekordbox, ProDJ Link lets you integrate various pieces of Pioneer DJ gear into a single complete network. On the more conventional side, gold-plated RCA outputs deliver high-quality analog audio, while a coaxial output provides S/PDIF digital output as well. If you've ever gotten lost in your folders trying to find a specific track Pioneer DJ Player
Pioneer DJ DJM-900NXS2 Professional Mixer
- Take your performance to new heights with the DJM-900NXS2, which features our first ever 64-bit mixing processor for a warmer, more nuanced sound. We’ve fine-tuned the EQ and fader Curves and Enhanced the FX controls to give you even more creative choice. Plus the versatile DJM-900NXS2 has an independent send/return, 4 phono inputs and 2 USB ports – giving you flexibility to set it up your way
Technics SL-1210MK2 Professional Turntable
- Quartz-synthesized direct-drive turntable
- Continuous-pitch adjustment up to &plasmin; 8%
- 0. 01% wow and flutter, -78dB rumble
- Precision molded aluminum die-cast cabinet
- Heavy rubber base
What kind of studio equipment does Calvin Harris use? Read on for all of Calvin Harris’ studio gear.
Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer
If you were wondering if Calvin Harris had a TR-808, you no longer have to wait to find out. Calvin Harris does indeed have the classic drum machine in his music studio.
- Ultra-compact recreation of the legendary TR-808 drum machine
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TR-808
- Hands-on control including tone, level, tuning, and decay
- Added Compressor, Gain, Tune, and Pan for selected instruments
- Programmable via classic Step and Tap write modes
AXiS-49 Plug n Play Music Interface
From a past video, Calvin Harris talks about his AXiS 49 where he can play chords on it.
API 1608 Console
Calvin Harris has switched from the API 1608 to the SSL Duality and now back to the API 1608 Console. This is the centerpiece of Calvin Harris’ studio equipment.
Empirical Labs EL8 Distressor
Calvin Harris has been known to have a couple of EL8 Distressors in his studio rack.
- Classic knee sound - With modern noise specs and improved performance. Really grabs.
- Programmable analog distortion/warmth - helpful in the pristine but unforgiving digital world. Three audio modes providing user programmable, warm harmonic distortion. Emphasized tube-like, 2nd harmonic in clean and Distort 2 mode. In Distort 3 mode, the distortion becomes dominated by 3rd harmonic, more similar to tape.
- Distortion indicator lights - A 1% LED and a "Redline" (3%) LED. No hard clipping un
- Basically, the compressor electronically controls the volume of just about any source in a very pleasing, and "musical" manner - adding fullness, intelligibility, and especially in the Distressor's case - excitement
- This type of device is often called a "limiter" or "compressor" by audio industry people
Soundcraft Ghost LE Mixer
Calvin Harris only had the Amiga 1200, Korg M5, and sounds for his first album. Following, Calvin Harris stocked up with the Soundcraft Ghost LE Mixer.
- High-performance 12-Input small format analogue mixers with onboard effects
- Iconic Sound craft Ghost mic preamps with ultra-low noise performance
- Renowned Sound craft sapphire British EQ with sweepable mid-bands per channel
- Lexicon effects engine featuring award-winning reverbs, delays, Choruses and Modulations
- Dbx Limiters (High-ratio Compressors) on input channels
What kind of Clothes does Calvin Harris wear?
Calvin Harris has been spotted in tracksuit many times. Especially after his breakup with Taylor Swift, Calvin Harris was spotted wearing his Under Armour sweats and Yeezys.
- Ultra-soft, 230g cotton-blend fleece
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Encased elastic waistband with external drawcord
- Open hand pockets with right-side internal phone pocket
- Straight leg fit
Calvin Harris has often been seen wearing his Adidas Yeezy’s.
- The adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Black” (non-reflective) is the all-black colorway for Kanye West’s most popular sneaker with the Three Stripes
- This spring 2019 release features a stealthy look in black for its Primeknit upper, translucent side stripe panels, and translucent rubber midsole that houses the full-length Boost foam cushioning
- Adding just a touch of contrast to the otherwise all black color scheme is the red stripe in the heel tab, while the laces also include reflective material speckled in
- The adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 “Black” released in limited quantities on June 7, 2019 and is now yet another highly coveted edition of the modern sneaker icon