Since the release of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 1971, Oompa Loompa's have been iconic in today's culture. The Oompa-Loompas are a race of small, merry people who live in the country of Loompaland. They are skilled workers and have a great love for music. Since then, these little people have captured the imaginations of readers young and old. Today, the Oompa-Loompas remain an essential part of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory story, bringing laughter and magic to readers all over the world. In 2005 with the updated take on the classic movie, Oompa Loompa's re-emerged as a fan favorite.
In this article we'll talk about the best Oompa Loompa costumes to buy today.
Best Oompa Loompa Costume
1. fun shack Oompa Loompa Costume
- Includes white dungarees, brown stripe-cuffed shirt, white gloves and green wig.
- Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large , XL. Please refer to size chart image for further size details.
- Easy to wear, durable and high quality material and accessories including a green curly wig.
The fun shack Oompa Loompa costume is one of our favorites of all of the different Oompa Loompa costumes. If you can get a group of people to wear the same costume, it's highly worth it for the reactions. Cons: beware the pants are thin.
2. Rubie's Kid's Oompa Loompa Costume
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Oompa Loompa Children's Costume set, look for authentic trademark logo on package and label
- LONG SLEEVE jumpsuit with attached white suspenders and pant leg detail; attached brown and white striped leggings
- READ BEFORE BUYING: Costumes are not sized the same as apparel, please review the Rubie's CHILD SIZE CHART IN IMAGES, reviews and Q & A for best fit, do not choose based on clothing size
3. Rubie's Men's Oompa Loompa Costume
- Oompa loompa deluxe costume jumpsuit
- Officially licensed from willy Wonka and the chocolate factory
- Note costume sizes are different from clothing sizes; review the Rubie's size chart when selecting a size and consider buying the next size up if you are at the top of a size range
4. fun shack Women's Sexy Oompa Loompa Costume
- Womens chocolate factory worker costume includes a brown stripe-edged t-shirt, a white skirt with braces, long striped socks, white gloves and a green bob wig.
- Available in sizes Small 4-6, Medium 8-10 , Large 12-14, X-Large 16-18. Please refer to size chart image for further size details.
- High quality material; comfortable for a variety of body types.
5. Morph Costumes Riding an Oompa Loompa (Funny)
- Includes 1 Morph piggyback ride on illusion costume
- One size fits most adults, 5’4-6’4 (Waist 25”-44”)
- Our Piggyback costumes come with stuff your own legs and give the illusion you’re being carried
What are Oompa-Loompas known for?
Oompa-Loompas are small humanlike creatures that work in the factory of chocolate magnate Willy Wonka. According to Dahl's books, Oompa-Loompas are native to the country of Loompaland, which is located in Africa. They are known for their jovial nature, their love of music, and their skilled workmanship. In the factory, they perform various tasks such as operating the machines, packaging the chocolate, and taste-testing the product. Though they are small in stature, Oompa-Loompas are hard workers with a sweet tooth for chocolate.
How tall is an Oompa Loompa?
According to Roald Dahl's original description, Oompa-Loopas are “very small people, 3 feet tall or maybe even less.” However, the size of Oompa-Loopas has varied somewhat over the years. The 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory featured Oompa-Loopas that were played by actors of average height. In contrast, the 2005 film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory featured Oompa-Loopas that were played by actors of very short stature. As a result, it is difficult to say definitively how tall an Oompa-LoomPa actually is. However, based on Dahl's original description, it seems safe to say that they are probably no taller than 3 feet.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.