Summertime is hot, humid, and sticky. And while a day at the beach or pool can be refreshing, sometimes you just need a break from the sun. That’s where an outdoor misting fan comes in handy. Outdoor misting fans are designed to cool you down by spraying a fine mist of water into the air. They can be used anywhere – on your porch, patio, or deck, or even at sporting events or concerts. But with so many different models available, how do you know which one is right for you?
In this article, we will discuss the different types of outdoor misting fans available and provide some tips on how to choose the right one for your needs. We will also recommend several of our favorite models to help get you started. So, whether you’re looking for something small and portable or something that can cover a large area, we have you covered. Let’s get started!
What is Misting Fan?
An outdoor portable misting fan is a device that emits a fine mist of water into the air. This can be used to cool down an area or person and can be especially helpful on hot, humid days. Misting fans are available in a variety of sizes and styles, from small, handheld models to large, industrial-sized units. Some portable misting fans also come with built-in water tanks, while others must be connected to a standard garden hose or other water sources.
How Does It Work?
Misting fans work by drawing in hot air and then passing it through a wet filter or pad. This process cools the air and makes it more comfortable to breathe. The water used in a misting fan can be either cold or warm, depending on your preference.
Types of Misting Fans
There are three main types of misting fans available on the market: handheld, tabletop, and floor-standing. Handheld portable misting fans are the most portable option and can be easily carried with you wherever you go.
Tabletop misting fans are larger than handheld models and must be placed on a table or other surface. Floor-standing misting fans are the largest type of misting fan and are designed to be used in large outdoor areas.
1. Handheld Misting Fans
A handheld misting fan is the most portable type of misting fan available. They are small and lightweight, making them easy to carry with you wherever you go. Most handheld misting fans come with a strap or handle for easy carrying. Some models also have a clip that allows you to attach the fan to a belt or bag.
2. Tabletop Misting Fans
Tabletop misting fans are larger than handheld models and must be placed on a table or other surface. They are ideal for use on patios, decks, and other outdoor areas. Most tabletop misting fans come with an adjustable height so that you can position the fan at the perfect level.
3. Floor-Standing Misting Fans
Floor-standing misting fans are the largest type of misting fan and are designed to be used in large outdoor areas. They are perfect for use at sporting events, concerts, and other large gatherings. Most floor-standing misting fans come with wheels for easy portability.
4 Best Outdoor Misting Fans
We’ve rounded up some of the best outdoor misting fans to help you stay cool this summer.
1. Lasko 7054 Misto Outdoor Misting Blower Fan
- Adjustable cooling comfort –Outdoor misting fan features automatic internal louvers to create wide-sweeping airflow, which helps evenly distribute the mist; Pivoting fan head adjusts up to 90 degrees to direct the mist and air where you need it the most
- Easy outdoor use – Simply attach this misting fan to your standard garden hose to enjoy refreshing mists, which can reduce the feeling of outdoor temperatures by up to 25 degrees; adjust between three refreshing settings using manual controls
- Designed for safety – This ETL listed outdoor fan boasts a durable, weatherproof design with an in-line GFI cord and The Blue Plug a 3-prong grounded safety plug which automatically cuts power to the fan if an electrical fault is detected
This Fan is a great way to enjoy the outdoors while staying cool and comfortable. The fan features three speeds for adjustable cooling, and the misting function can be turned on or off as desired. The compact design makes it easy to use in a variety of outdoor spaces, and the built-in handle makes it easy to carry from one location to another. Moreover, the fan is designed for safety, with a ground fault circuit interrupter that protects against electrical shock.
This fan is durably constructed and comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty, so you can be sure it will stand up to regular use. The easy-grip carry handle and fully assembled design make it easy to take this fan with you wherever you go.
- Compact design is easy to use
- The misting function can be turned on or off as desired
- Ground fault circuit interrupter for safety
- Durably constructed limited
- Cool but wet
2. Geek Aire Battery Operated Misting Fan
- A POWERFUL CORDLESS BATTERY FAN with zero hassle. The Geek Aire portable, rechargeable misting fan provides powerful 1500CFM airflow (max.) no matter where you are. Unlike other plug-in floor fans. Wide rang 75°pivoting fan head provide cool air where you need.
- WITHOUT WATER PIPE CONNECTION: Equipped with standalone water tank and pump, getting mist by connecting water tank or connecting a tap. Adding ice water is optional to get lower temperature more than the general spray fan. Utilizing 2 nozzles to spray refreshing cool mist up to 11.5ft,just enjoy a cooling sensation with our powerful battery operated misting fan whenever and wherever.
- DETACHABLE BATTERY WITH LONGER RUNNING TIME: Fully charge provides up to 3-23 hours continuous airflow. Since the battery is detachable, you can prepare 2-3 more batteries, charge them beforehand to get 9-69 hours fan time. Also, our battery can be a power bank to charge all your other mobile devices, that's ideal for camping!
This fan is cordless, so you can use it anywhere without worrying about finding a water source. The detachable battery means you can keep the fan running for hours without having to worry about recharging. The portable design means you can take the fan with you wherever you go. And because it uses ultrasonic technology to generate mist, you can be sure that it will provide a strong and steady stream of mist.
- Cordless and portable
- Detachable battery
- Uses ultrasonic technology to generate mist
- A strong and steady stream of mist
- Expensive for some users
3. Cool-Off Island Breeze Oscillating Misting Fan
- PORTABLE MISTING FAN - Ideal for outdoor use with low noise output and equipped with sturdy wheels and a safety break. You’ll have no problem transporting this portable fan with mist to your patio and backyard, or pretty much anywhere you want to use it. The 12-hour run time means you won’t have to worry about this portable misting fan running out of juice and leaving you to sweat.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE, ELEGANT OUTDOOR MISTING FAN - The Island Breeze is a high performance portable centrifugal mist fan offering numerous product advantages. Our premium oscillating misting fan is constructed using high quality materials that not only look good but are highly functional too. This outdoor rated motor and robust misting fan is an investment worth making as you won’t have to worry about replacing it anytime soon.
- 3-SPEED QUIET OPERATION - The 100% copper motor is capable of covering 40 feet of outdoor space comfortably and it can go even further than that in calmer climates. The best part? This portable cooling fan is nice and quiet! You can sleep peacefully on your patio and not have to worry about the buzzing, clicking, or vibrating noise that many fans make. The 3-speed operation allows you to choose the setting you want so the temperature is always just right.
This Fan is perfect for those hot summer days. It provides a refreshing mist that can help to keep you cool and comfortable. The fan is also very quiet, making it perfect for use in any setting. The high-performance motor ensures that the fan will provide a consistent mist, even in high winds.
The elegant design makes this misting fan perfect for any outdoor space. You can use it on your patio, deck, or even in your garden. The durable construction means that this misting fan can withstand the elements and provide years of use.
This powerful little fan uses less than 10 gallons of water per hour and can lower the temperature in your outdoor space by up to 30 degrees. Moreover, it comes with an easy-to-use remote control, so you can adjust the misting level to suit your needs.
- Great for those hot summer days
- The fan is also very quiet
- Provide a consistent mist
- Easy-to-use remote control
- Put it together to work well
4. HOMENOTE Fan Misting Kit
- ★Exclusive & Removable Brass Nozzle: The mist nozzle is made from brass material, no blocking, no rusting and can be used for a long time; excellent misting effect( Mist range: 20-40inch/nozzle. ); The well-made Tee connector is good sealing ,no leaking and easy to insert the tubing.
- ★US Standard 3/4" Solid Brass Adapter: Made from solid brass, so far superior durability than plastic menders, and not easy to rust. US Standard 3/4" Threaded to 1/4" Barb,widely matching for garden connector, like outdoor faucet, hose splitter, garden filter, garden timer, spray nozzle.
- ★Pre-assembled and easy to use : The misting fan kit is completely pre-assembled,and just connect it to faucet, then use. Delivers very fine mist to significantly cool the air in the hottest summer weather.
This Fan Misting Kit is a great way to keep cool during the summer months. The kit includes an exclusive and removable brass nozzle, a US standard 3/4″ solid brass adapter, and pre-assembled tubing. The kit is easy to use and can be installed in minutes. The misting nozzle produces a fine mist that can be directed toward any area that needs cooling. The mist is refreshing and helps to reduce the air temperature in the area by up to 20 degrees.
Like Misto Outdoor Misting Fan, this kit attaches to any standard fan and uses water to create a fine mist. The mist helps to cool the air and can make a big difference on hot days. The kit is also very easy to use and can be set up in just a few minutes. It's an energy-efficient way to cool down, which is good for both your wallet and the environment.
- The misting nozzles produce a fine mist
- The mist helps to reduce the temperature
- Easy to use
- Easy to set up
- It may leak to some users
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Outdoor Misting Fan
We have reviewed some great outdoor misting fans, but how do you choose the right one for your needs? Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
1. The size of the fan
The size of the fan is important because you need to make sure that it will be able to cover the area that you want to cool. If you have a small patio, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large outdoor space, then you will need a larger fan.
2. The misting capacity
The misting capacity is also important because you need to make sure that the fan will be able to generate enough mist to cool the area. If you have a small space, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large space, then you will need a larger fan.
3. Electric Fan Design
The electric fan design is important because you need to make sure that the fan will be able to generate enough mist to cool the area. If you have a small space, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large space, then you will need a larger fan.
The color of the fan is also important because you need to make sure that it will match your outdoor decor. If you have a modern patio, then a white or black fan would be a good choice. But if you have a traditional patio, then a brown or tan fan would be a better choice.
The portability of the fan is also important because you need to make sure that it will be easy to move around. If you have a small patio, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large outdoor space, then you will need a larger fan.
6. Type of Water Needed
The type of water needed is also important because you need to make sure that the fan will be able to use the type of water that you have. If you have a small patio, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large outdoor space, then you will need a larger fan.
7. The Warranty
The warranty is also important because you need to make sure that the fan will be covered in case it breaks. If you have a small patio, then a small fan will suffice. But if you have a large outdoor space, then you will need a larger fan.
Are misting fans better?
Anybody who's ever been outside on a hot, humid day knows how miserable it can be. You feel like you can't breathe, your clothes stick to you, and you start to feel lightheaded. That's because when the air is filled with water vapor, it makes it harder for your body to cool off by sweating.
That's why misters and misting fans can be such a relief on a scorching summer day. By spraying a fine mist of water into the air, they help to lower the temperature and make the air feel more refreshing. They can also help to improve air quality by increasing humidity levels and reducing dust and pollen in the air.
Do misting fans make everything wet?
The answer is: it depends. If you're using an outdoor fan that doesn't have a water reservoir, then the answer is probably yes – everything within range of the fan will get wet. However, if you're using a good misting fan with a reservoir, then the answer is no – the water will only be sprayed when the wall-mounted misting fan is turned on, and it will only affect what's in front of the fan.
Can you use a misting fan indoors?
Indoor wall-mounted misting fans typically have a few different features that set them apart from their outdoor counterparts. For one thing, they often have a much higher maximum humidity level.
This means that they can safely be used in rooms with higher humidity levels without the risk of damaging the fan or the surrounding area. Additionally, indoor misting fans usually have a lower flow rate, which helps to reduce the risk of water damage to your floors and furniture.
Do misters keep bugs away?
The answer is yes – misters can help to keep bugs away. By creating a fine mist of water, misters help to reduce the temperature and humidity levels that attract insects. In addition, the water droplets can help to knock bugs out of the air, making it less likely that they will land on exposed skin.
Misting fans are a great way to stay cool and comfortable on hot summer days. They can also help to improve air quality by increasing humidity levels and reducing dust and pollen in the air. When choosing a misting fan, it's important to consider the size of the area you want to cool, the type of water you'll be using, and the fan's portability. Additionally, be sure to check the warranty before making your purchase.
EDM Sauce is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here.
- Best Sound Blanket
- Best Luggage Rack
- Best SD Card Reader
- Best Soft Cooler
- Most Comfortable Outdoor Chairs
- Best Inflatable Tent
- Best Bivy Sack
- Best EMF Reader
- Best Bluetooth AUX Adapter
- Best Backdrop Stand
- Best Electric Ukulele
- Best Strobe Light
- Best Long Sports Socks
- Best Pop-It Backpack
- Best Girl Dad Shirt
- Best Guitar Stool