A tech rider or hospitality rider is a list of requests or demands made by artists in order for them to perform the show. Many artists have made it their mission to come up with the strangest rider requests they can think of. Artists like Tommie Sunshine have fairly modest riders such as clean and secure dressing rooms, while artists like Dillon Francis ask for pinatas, disposable cameras and a framed photo of any action star from the years of 1985 to 2005.
Here were Future Music Festival Asia's Top 10 Requests Ever Made:
- A particular duo has requested for a bisexual goldfish, of all things. We’re not exactly sure why, but maybe it just has more flare than a regular goldfish.
- Fortunately, even while touring, these guys still care about the environment. So much so that they have requested fortwo large trash cans, a recycling bin and reusable plates to use.
- A well-known American DJ had asked for a framed picture of himself to be placed in his dressing room. There’s no reason to not love yourself when you’re that famous.
- This DJ has always been one of the biggest trolls in the industry. Be careful, because his rider list includes the promoter’s girlfriend’s phone number, a replica of Indiana Jones’s whip and a piñata full of candy!
- This next one may be kind of cute. This DJ’s request for heart-shaped balloons seems pretty harmless but what’s next on the list? Waitress outfits!
- Some people travel with their pets but this artist likes to travel exotically by having a parrot that’s trained to say his name.
- We are all for riding in style and making a grand entrance. This world-famous DJ prefers his ride to be either a Bugatti Veyron or a Porsche Spyder. Classy indeed.
- Having all the furniture removed and replacing them with your own may be overdoing it, but what’s more comfortable than having your own stuff with you?
- One of the more elegant things to be requested is to have a professional violinist play while this artist eats his cheese plate.
- Lastly, an infamous moombahton and dancehall DJ requested for a bonfire pit in his dressing room to add more sizzle while on tour!
Photo Credit: David Cheong