Ever since I heard the vocals only version of Tiesto’s Everything (by Jes), I have been searching for the chilledout versions of my favorite EDM tracks. For those of you who aren’t aware, most top producers start with these tracks as their baseline, then overlay electronic sounds and manipulate the vocals, pitch, and speed.
During the studio sessions we often used the guitar or piano as the main instrument in the song writing process. Its interesting to get away from the synthesizers and the beats in the first fragile moments of creating. In this way you can really focus on the song itself without being distracted by technology. Once the basic idea is finished you can get creative with the recorded vocals like you can when doing a remix. -Dash Berlin
These are some of my favorites from my acoustic EDM collection, I hope you guys like them too. In case you fall in love with these, you can find more by searching for acoustic, vocals only, instrumental, or even disco edits.
**The track that started it all is obviously first on the playlist***
1) Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love
2) Above and Beyond – Sun and Moon (Evan Duffy Piano Cover)
3) Oceanlab – On a Good Day (Acoustic Mix)
4) Avicii vs. Nicky Romero – I Could Be The One (Noonie Baos Acoustic Mix)
5) Christina Novelli – Concrete Angel (Acoustic Version)
6) Krewella – Killing It (CryWolf Studio Cover)
7) Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child (Acoustic Cover)
8) Matthew Koma – Spectrum (Acoustic)
9) Zedd & Foxes – Clarity
10) Dash Berlin and Emma Hewitt – Waiting (Acoustic Version)
**Apologies guys – one of my top ten tracks the Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful DH Orchestral version, is not available for streaming/sharing….you can find it here.**